WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Been gone awhile... glad to be back

Been gone awhile... glad to be back

I'm overhauling my entire set up between the barn and the house.
    I've recently come into the entire stock of two elderly friends.
    One wanted to use his gear, but never would at his place, and he knows I'll have a first class set up like a showroom.
    The other threw it all in when I bought his 40 year hardware collection... much of which may soon be offered here.
    The aggregate collection (so far) is this:
    Single stage iron presses RCBS(4) Pacific, Texan, Lyman (one each) presses, three Dillon 550 set ups with conversion kits etc., three bullet lubers, cases of plastic boxes, 50-60 ammo boxes of brass, one Mec Grabber progressive 12 gauge loader, one Posness-Warren 12 gauge progressive 12 gauge, wad shells, lead shot, powder (various)casting pots tools micrometers, scales mechanical and electronic, powder dribblers, small scale powder coating set up, ingot molds, bullet molds, dies, lead, gas checks, cleaning tools and other stuff I've not sorted through yet. And all of this as needed to support 22 Hornet, ,222,.223,.243,.270,.30/30, .308/7,62, .32 win, .35 rem, .338Win Mag, .401 Win, and 45/70....and .380, 9mm,.38/.357,.38/40,.44/40,.41 mag, ,45 ACP, ,45 LC.... and a few cases of factory ammo "if he ran short."
    Five full pickup loads and one trailer, and I'm about finished hauling, except for things forgotten in closets or attics, or under beds, which continue to flow slowly in.
    I have my work cut out for me, and need to acquire a few vertical files from the office supply place. and complete the bench, rolling tables and overhead storage for lightweight bulk items like shotgun wads.
    It will be a couple of months before I get through all this stuff, but obviously I neither need nor want a lot of it.
    I'll need to recoup my investment a bit, but will likely pay forward a few blessings on the way.
    Sadly most of the hardware all that gear supports..... remains unfired.
    So gentlemen stay tuned.
    Nothing is for sale...yet.
    Last edited by pls1911; 09-19-2020 at 04:19 PM.
    Salvaging old Marlins is not a pasttime...it's a passion

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome Back!

It sounds like you have a job ahead of you. Since I retired I've grown to enjoy sorting things. Wheel weights, brass, ect. I would enjoy the job you have ahead of you. Good Luck getting through it.

Banned
    Folks, this not a for sale ad, so please be patient till pls1911 gets all this sorted out.

Ken

Congrats on the haul.

Having done this on a smaller scale, twice, let me warn you it will take more time than you think to sort and organize it all.

Second, it will take more space than you think to get it all sorted.

Take notes along the way, because you really need to inventory everything before you start selling.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    Now is a good time to sell stuff and prices will be high. Might be even better if Biden wins.

I am in a similar boat with a large number of components I do not "need" and can turn a profit on. Thinking about getting a table at the local gun show that is coming up. During the last shortage it worked out well. I have a few rifles and pistols to move as well. For what is worth, I have had very good luck with Gunbroker selling guns.

Good luck!!!
    Don Verna

Thanks Gents.

The initial note has been edited to add a not for sale comment per Pressman's recommendation.
    As Pressman noted, this is not a "for sale" ad.... maybe it should be a job posting, as it will be a lot of work. I do have a decent start on an inventory but really need to start over, taking photos as I go through.
    Not interested in profit here either...More interested in growing the sport and protecting 2nd amendment.
    Salvaging old Marlins is not a pasttime...it's a passion