Thread: I like this from Facebook

Boolit Master

I like this from Facebook

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	119816984_10224354386632140_7751052872235884747_n.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	267932

This is Jim Thorpe. Look closely at the photo, you can see that he's wearing different socks and shoes. This wasn't a fashion statement.
    It was the 1912 Olympics, and Jim, an American Indian from Oklahoma represented the U.S. in track and field. On the morning of his competitions, his shoes were stolen. Luckily, Jim ended up finding two shoes in a garbage can. That's the pair that he's wearing in the photo. But one of the shoes was too big, so he had to wear an extra sock. Wearing these shoes, Jim won two gold medals that day. This is a perfect reminder that you don't have to resign to the excuses that have held you back. So what if life hasn't been fair? What are you going to do about it today? Whatever you woke up with this morning; stolen shoes, ill health, failed relationships, failed business, don't let it stop you from running your race. You can experience more in life if you'll get over the excuses and get on with living. You can have reasons or you can have results...but you can't have both.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

I used to tell my 2 boys when they'd have all sorts of clever excuses why they didn't do something,
    "If you think excuses are just as good as actually doing what you were supposed to--- kid, the joke is on you".
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Buddy
    for those of you outside my area, there is a town near me named Jim Thorpe, and he is actually buried there after no one else wanted him.
    Barry

Boolit Master

And that is sad , after all he did and he was a superb athlete , if todays sports figures were half the person he was and not a bunch of self serving egotistical lazy cry baby can not use the other words but let it be stated less then human dirt bag colon kapernicks .

Boolit Master

Adversity either makes a person fold like a cheap suit, or focuses their minds to keep their eyes on the prize.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by panhed65 View Post
    for those of you outside my area, there is a town near me named Jim Thorpe, and he is actually buried there after no one else wanted him.
    Barry
    Don't you mean Mauch Chunk? I used to live in the Shamokin/Mount Carmel area!

Banned

Thanks for posting this.

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks for posting this. I learned something today. "Want to" is a good mindset to have. It can overcome a lot of obstacles.

Boolit Grand Master

Man is an extremely smart creature and can "adapt" to a lot to over come obstacles. Ine thing I have learned is you can do a lot even with poor health / disabilities you just have to think a little more to figure out how YOU can do it.

One thing Ive told many here is Dont ever give up, Keep going . I do a lot and most from a wheel chair. It takes me longer than it did before and I may need some help with large or heavy things. But it gets done.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by smithnframe View Post
    Don't you mean Mauch Chunk? I used to live in the Shamokin/Mount Carmel area!
    that is what it used to be called. officially it is Jim Thorpe now days. big tourist spot now.
    Barry

Boolit Bub
    Inspirational! Thanks for the post. Wish you could find more of this kind of stuff in the news.

Add my "Thanks for Posting" to the list also!
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Boolit Bub
    His monument is on hwy 903 . If your going south toward pocono raceway off of I 80 903 is on the right it about 8 miles to it an it an it on the right

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Great post - this ought to be displayed in every classroom in this country - and twice in the lorckerrooms of all of the professional teams regardless of the sport - the spoiled, self-serving and over paid professional athletes - not all but a good share of them - could learn something from this history lesson.

Thanks for sharing - inspirational and a dose of humility at the same time.