WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOW! Actor Jim Caviezel GOES OFF on Milquetoast Christian Leaders and Cancel Culture

WOW! Actor Jim Caviezel GOES OFF on Milquetoast Christian Leaders and Cancel Culture

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...d-faith-video/

Hollywood actor Jim Caviezel went on with Shannon Bream on FOX @ Night to discuss his latest movie Infidel that explores Christian persecution in the Middle East......
    During the interview Caviezel went off on the milk toast Christian leaders who are silent in this age of Cancel Culture and who say nothing as politicians shut down churches but open liquor stores and abortion clinics.

https://youtu.be/cOP0FoVMXUM

Boolit Master
    EXACTLY!

One reason we're in the mess we are in today, is Christians didn't put up and stand up in the 70s!

Boolit Master
    Thunder, I remember and believe Christians did put up and stand up. But we were - and remain - too few to matter to demon led politicians, educators, bureaucrats, entertainers and fake news media so I wonder what specific actions you think we should be doing that would matter to them today?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Thunder, I remember and believe Christians did put up and stand up. But we were - and remain - too few to matter to demon led politicians, educators, bureaucrats, entertainers and fake news media so I wonder what specific actions you think we should be doing that would matter to them today?
    Self-proclaimed Christians make up 65% of the U.S. population. They are more than twice as numerous of the next lower group (unaffiliated-like me) at 26 percent. How are Christians too few to matter. Almost all elected officials are Christians and all Presidents since maybe Jefferson have been Christians.

Or maybe your point is most Self-proclaimed Christians are Christians in name only, not true Christians, CRINO's.

As for what you can do. It is called civil disobedience. You know, get yourself arrested for the cause. Make the authorities make mass arrests for you gathering in your churches or on the street. If they fine you refuse to pay the fines and go to jail. If you have the strength of your convictions you should be happy being a martyr. Jesus willingly went to the cross for his convictions same with the Apostles. Seems a little jail time if a judge could in good conscience send you to jail is not such a big deal.

Seems you could do as much as the peaceful protestors are doing in protest against police brutality. Oh, wait, I bet a lot of those are Christians so maybe some Christians still have convictions.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    Timmy, you will find me at my church tomorrow morning, as usual.

Note that my question was directed to Thunder by name, not you, knowing I'd only get self righteous snark. And you're supposed to be ignoring me anyway.
    Last edited by 1hole; 09-19-2020 at 05:19 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    EXACTLY!

One reason we're in the mess we are in today, is Christians didn't put up and stand up in the 70s!

Now that's a true statement.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    Self-proclaimed Christians make up 65% of the U.S. population. They are more than twice as numerous of the next lower group (unaffiliated-like me) at 26 percent. How are Christians too few to matter. Almost all elected officials are Christians and all Presidents since maybe Jefferson have been Christians.

Or maybe your point is most Self-proclaimed Christians are Christians in name only, not true Christians, CRINO's.

As for what you can do. It is called civil disobedience. You know, get yourself arrested for the cause. Make the authorities make mass arrests for you gathering in your churches or on the street. If they fine you refuse to pay the fines and go to jail. If you have the strength of your convictions you should be happy being a martyr. Jesus willingly went to the cross for his convictions same with the Apostles. Seems a little jail time if a judge could in good conscience send you to jail is not such a big deal.

Seems you could do as much as the peaceful protestors are doing in protest against police brutality. Oh, wait, I bet a lot of those are Christians so maybe some Christians still have convictions.

Tim

Tim, keep on trying it's hard for Engineers to understand simple thing like getting saved.

Banned
    I may suck at math but I do believe 65% is greater than 50%, so one would assume that none of the anti-American, anti-life crowd would ever get elected.

Weird.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.M View Post
    I may suck at math but I do believe 65% is greater than 50%, so one would assume that none of the anti-American, anti-life crowd would ever get elected.

Weird.
    The United States is just like any other nation on earth. We are not a Christian Nation but a Nation with Christians among the citizens. If we were a True Christian Nation FDR and LBJ would have never been in the White House.

Boolit Master
    Timmy, you will find me at my church tomorrow morning, as usual.

Note that my question was directed to Thunder by name, not you, knowing I'd only get self righteous snark. And you're supposed to be ignoring me anyway.
    Why am I supposed to be ignoring you? I told you that you were too much fun to ignore. It is others who are idiots that I ignore.

Will your attendance at Church violate any ordinance or order about gatherings or will it be within the rules? The OP seemed to think that Churches are being closed. Did they try to close your church?

Tim

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    The United States is just like any other nation on earth. We are not a Christian Nation but a Nation with Christians among the citizens. If we were a True Christian Nation FDR and LBJ would have never been in the White House.
    Most Christians understand that they would not want Billy Graham or Pat Robertson as president. Oh, and 20% of Christians are Catholics who are not at all like Southern Baptists. Then of course you have LDS and Lutherans.

Tim

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    Most Christians understand that they would not want Billy Graham or Pat Robertson as president. Oh, and 20% of Christians are Catholics who are not at all like Southern Baptists. Then of course you have LDS and Lutherans.

Tim
    Both of those men would not be a pick for president ether. I don't do Religion ( Catholics, Baptist and all the rest) because it's man made.

Boolit Master
    Please tell me what Christians of the day "70s" did to stop or reverse the tide, and I'll tell you what they should have done, but didn't.

Boolit Master
    Please tell me what Christians of the day "70s" did to stop or reverse the tide, and I'll tell you what they should have done, but didn't.
    No, no; not saying they/we did something that's lost today, only that Christians were then doing the same things we would expect, i.e., worshiping and praying together and opposing sinfulness in high places. Christians joined in public demonstrations (not riots) opposing baby murder, same sex "marriage", forbidding any mention of God (but not Allah, Gaiha, Budda, etc.) in public places. We were and continue to be resistant today but fake news media portrayed Christian voters and demonstrators as a bunch of evil knuckle draggers - which remains the way "liberal" powers see us - and we were ignored in the halls of government.

So, my question to you remains; what acceptable forms of Christian resistance do you think might be more effective today?

Boolit Master

Well perhaps we will eventually adapt RULE .303.

Luke 22:33 to Luke 22:39

33 And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death. 34 And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me. 35 And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. 36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. 37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. 38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough. 39 And he came out, and went, as he was wont, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    So, my question to you remains; what acceptable forms of Christian resistance do you think might be more effective today?
    I'll speak about the ones that raised ME, and the ones I was growing up with. They prayed big prayers and preached big strong sermons, but continued to cast votes with their wallet for the very ones who where destroying Biblical principles! They where too lazy or unprincipled to even vet ones running for local office. They kept doing business with business that donate to those candidates and causes that go against Christian values. I had a huge heated conversation with my parents in the early 80s about "how in the world can anyone who claims to be a Christian vote for a political party that is built and publicly proclaims via party platform against EVERYTHING that you CLAIM to hold as eternal tenants!".

You don't think there's enough Christian people to change this? Probably not enough with real conviction? I think there are enough Christians to shut down every abortion clinic, close every God forsaken public school, and replace political corruption from the ground up!

Boolit Master

I'll speak about the ones that raised ME, and the ones I was growing up with. They prayed big prayers and preached big strong sermons, but continued to cast votes with their wallet for the very ones who where destroying Biblical principles! They where too lazy or unprincipled to even vet ones running for local office. They kept doing business with business that donate to those candidates and causes that go against Christian values. I had a huge heated conversation with my parents in the early 80s about "how in the world can anyone who claims to be a Christian vote for a political party that is built and publicly proclaims via party platform against EVERYTHING that you CLAIM to hold as eternal tenants!".

You don't think there's enough Christian people to change this? Probably not enough with real conviction? I think there are enough Christians to shut down every abortion clinic, close every God forsaken public school, and replace political corruption from the ground up!
    It was like that in Virginia too, they voted with their wallet on Tuesday and looked down their nose at you on Sunday. Them would wonder why kids in the 60's and 70's would call them hypocrites.

Boolit Master
    I think there are enough Christians to shut down every abortion clinic, close every God forsaken public school, and replace political corruption from the ground up!
    But still, HOW could they/we do that? The potential may be there but I just don't see a clear path for anyone to get it done.

Boolit Master
    But still, HOW could they/we do that? The potential may be there but I just don't see a clear path for anyone to get it done.
    My point exactly! MOST Christians are NOT willing to take time off work, risk losing a job, put their finances at risk, cause the family to "do without", lower their standard of living, lose your right to own a weapon, become a criminal, spend time in jail etc, etc, etc!
    One example, Christian supported private schools that are supported by the churches membership. Not ones that cost $40,000 a year in tuition either, I'm talking about tuition for members children being paid by the church. Refuse to do business with any store that won't disclose who they contribute to! I can come up with a bunch more, but they ALL put a huge financial burden on participants! I look at the Mennonites around here and think, wow, what if all Christians did what they do? How would society be affected?
    So I guess your rite, Christians in the 70s did all they where WILLING TO DO!

Just like today!

Boolit Master
    ..... I look at the Mennonites around here and think, wow, what if all Christians did what they do? How would society be affected?
    Well, they have effectively withdrawn from society but I can't see how they have made society any different even in their nearby communities.

We know that mass "protests" and "boycotts" don't change anyone's positions so that's pointless in effect even tho it feeds the "feel good" minds of the protesters.

Christians' most powerful spiritual weapon I've ever seen in action is prayer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast