Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WOW! Actor Jim Caviezel GOES OFF on Milquetoast Christian Leaders and Cancel Culture

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=1hole;4989438We know that mass "protests" and "boycotts" don't change anyone's positions so that's pointless in effect even tho it feeds the "feel good" minds of the protesters.[/QUOTE]

O really? Tell that to Harley Dealership here that lost his dealership because of some "racist comments" from his Facebook page.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    O really? Tell that to Harley Dealership here that lost his dealership because of some "racist comments" from his Facebook page.
    Didn't say, didn't mean we can't harm individuals, especially so in these Politically Correct times. But, after Harley's management has done their worst to their dealers, society itself moves on just as it was before because the public at large couldn't care less which group is protesting what today.

Christians are a remnant, not a majority. Only a small percentage of our population rides scooter bikes and they, like us, aren't enough to rule the world. As a Christian who doesn't ride Harleys I don't care how they mistreat their individual dealerships but I know the brand itself will move on exactly as before. To me, that exposes the futility of petty boycotts and outraged street protests - after all the public screeching is done, nothing really changes!

But I know prayer - and proper voting - does have the power to change things! (Proof: Against all odds, Hillary still isn't president! )

Boolit Master
    I give up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Well, they have effectively withdrawn from society but I can't see how they have made society any different even in their nearby communities.

We know that mass "protests" and "boycotts" don't change anyone's positions so that's pointless in effect even tho it feeds the "feel good" minds of the protesters.

Christians' most powerful spiritual weapon I've ever seen in action is prayer.

Christ ain't pulling the rip chord when you jump out of the plane.

Boolit Master
    You give up? Well, again, when you say (in effect), "The world is coming apart, we got to do something", I must ask what do you think "we" (Christians) should be doing? Being outraged on this web site surely isn't an effective plan.

Thing is, I've read the whole Book of past and future, from cover to cover; it tells how we got here and how this age will end. I doubt the end will be triggered by or hindered by anything we do. Therefore, one day at a time, I gladly let God deal with the big picture while I do the best I can within the little circle of the world that He's placed me in.

I know who and where I am, and I have a plan that's within my reach; I pray and I vote. If you have a better plan, say it. Until then I will continue to do what I can do and not worry about not doing what I can't do. Thus, I will continue to rest in confidence of God's plan and timing, knowing He probably doesn't need me to be skipping work to protest evil in the streets of DC or even in the city council meetings of this insignificant little western NC mountain town I call home.

So, ... unless you actually have a better plan (one that you've not yet defined), I give up too.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    Tim, keep on trying it's hard for Engineers to understand simple thing like getting saved.
    Some engineers have no problem understanding or professing salvation.

There are plenty of little 'c' christians out there that say they beleive because they grew up attending church but were never really part of the church. But that can be said for many belief systems.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by pastera View Post
    Some engineers have no problem understanding or professing salvation.

There are plenty of little 'c' christians out there that say they beleive because they grew up attending church but were never really part of the church. But that can be said for many belief systems.

I worked for many Aerospace engineers and they understood perfectly. Most kids from my generation were made to go to church and never attended after they left home. I'm don't like to go in the door. My kids (late 30's and 40's) go every Sunday and we never taken to church as kids. It is all what a person makes of it. The only thing I ever told my kids was when the Hospice Nurse calls your name make sure you are ready and she will call your name for sure.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.M View Post
    I may suck at math but I do believe 65% is greater than 50%, so one would assume that none of the anti-American, anti-life crowd would ever get elected.

Weird.
    Scott,
    Let me just say that there are Christians and there are Christians.

Ken

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    I worked for many Aerospace engineers and they understood perfectly.
    Me too. Some of them were amongst the most dedicated Christians I've ever met. Ditto several atomic bomb engineers.

Most kids from my generation were made to go to church and never attended after they left home. I'm don't like to go in the door. My kids (late 30's and 40's) go every Sunday and we never taken to church as kids. It is all what a person makes of it.
    Yep. As an ol' western philosopher (Gabby Hayes?) once said, "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skeet1 View Post
    Scott,
    Let me just say that there are Christians and there are Christians.

Ken

I well know, the small 'c' christians have deleted my posts on this forum. I'm assuming their head would fit inside a quart mason jar.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Me too. Some of them were amongst the most dedicated Christians I've ever met. Ditto several atomic bomb engineers.

Yep. As an ol' western philosopher (Gabby Hayes?) once said, "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it."

My guess is that you have driven more people away than brought them too it. God would not be proud, but I'm certain that you are.

Boolit Master

Christ ain't pulling the rip chord when you jump out of the plane.

That's because he gives enough smarts not to jump out of a good airplane.

Boolit Master
    My guess is that you have driven more people away than brought them too it. God would not be proud, but I'm certain that you are.
    You know nothing at all about me but are quick and harsh with your guesses. Are you now trying to speak for God and be intimidating too?

Boolit Master
    Revelation 12:9 and 10.

Boolit Master

Great video!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12