Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Herters Super 9

Banned

Herters Super 9

Copy of the old Dunbars. I have one, found in a junk box, rusted to where it was frozen but didn't take much to clean it up and make it work. I haven't done anything else to it, so still original paint, etc. It's the only one I've seen before having been a gun show rat my whole life, I assume they're rare.

I was looking on ebay today and a guy has one with a starting price of $650. Is he on crack or are they really worth anything like that to collectors?

Banned
    Most eBay re-sellers are on crack - or worse. The early Model 9 should bring a little less than a Dunbar. They are nearly the same press, though the Herter's is not finished nearly as well.
    They are not common, but not rare either even with their just one year in the catalog life with Herter's.

We would like to see pictures, Please?

Banned

I'll have to get it out and take some. I posted some when I got it, it was rusted and I cleaned it up and got everything moving, but that's about it. I stoll haven't loaded any ammo on it yet. Whoever had it had fabricated a new piece where the dies screw it with larger threaded holes to accomadate a set of Lachmiller 12 gauge dies and it has the correct Herters shell holder for 12 gauge. I put the original part back on to use 7/8x14 dies

Banned

Nah, I think he's spot on. I "watched" it on my Ebay feed and almost as soon as I did I start getting messages saying to make an offer. Might just make some real low ball offer and see what happens, but that thing is never gonna bring $650.

I'll be curious to see what it actually goes for.