Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: lee challenger press

Boolit Master

lee challenger press

does anyone use this press? are they any good? was just at lee site and saw they have them in closeout section for $40. was thinking might be a good addition to set up for dedicated push through sizing or recapping or something.

Boolit Buddy
    In my shoes. And where ever they take me.
    Ive got one. It was my first press. I size boolits and have full length sized 30-06 in the past. Works good.

At that price, it's a superb decap and bullet sizing machine.

Boolit Master
    I figure how can anyone miss with such low cost. who cares if the paint might be messed up or there is some sort of cosmetic blemish. its hard to tell by reading description but I believe priming arms for small and large are included but a primer attachment to hold the folding tray is an option.
    I've bought probably tens of thousands of blemished bullets over the decades and they all perform just as well as bright shimmy ones.

I have had one since 2014 and it has been a workhorse for me. That said, I did notice that the ram has developed a little more play in the bore over time, even though I have kept it lubed religiously. If you are just starting out, I think it will get you going. If the wear gets unacceptable, you can always decap on it. $40 is a value. If you are looking to reload precision rounds on it for decades, I would probably buy better. My opinion based on a sample size of one. Others may have a different experience.

Boolit Master
    When my son and I shared my reloading room bought him one. Used it myself for at least 10 years and would still use it but he moved and took it with him. Got a killer deal on a lightly used RCBS Rock-Chucker so use that now, otherwise it would have been another Challenger. After using both I can't say one was better than the other. If I needed another right now I would go with the Lee, especially at that price.

If you are lucky enough you might find an "Automator" set up for that Challenger. It converts it to a progressive. I have 3 and leave them set up for caliber specific.