Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Reloading Everything

Thread: Arsenal Molds : Perfection

The Great Plains North of the Platte River

Arsenal Molds : Perfection

Hello everyone.

The night before last I had the most enjoyable casting session I've had in the 6 months I've been casting.

I ordered two molds from Arsenal a while back and finally got the chance to really use them. Even though I cast for other calibers, I'm a self-confessed 9mm junkie. The molds are a 358-125 PC and a 358-135 RF.

After applying all the cleaning and break-in techniques you guys have taught me both molds performed absolutely flawlessly. I was casting beautiful boolits by the 3rd fill and the boolits fell free as soon as I opened the mold. It was amazing. These are the first "custom" molds I've owned and I kick myself for not taking the plunge sooner. I weighed a dozen or so from each mold and, with straight coww, they dropped boolits at an average of 125.9 and 136.2 respectively.

Finally, the service I received from Arsenal was exemplary in every way. I had the molds 12 days after placing my order. Jared is a great guy and really wants to please the customer.

Boolit Master

They don't have the selection that others do. However, it seems that every mold I lust after from NOE is always out of stock. Arsenal makes your mold to order in two weeks or less. Top price of 5 cavity aluminum is $83. I have two and love them.

I just wish they replied to emails... I have two of their molds, Sent emails requesting info for more.... Never heard from them....

Moderator Emeritus

my experience with Arsenal, one Group buy mold and one "custom" mold, has been a pleasure. I highly recommend them.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

I have one of their molds on the way. I guess I will see how good it is soon enough.

The Great Plains North of the Platte River
    I'm not a machinist but, as a finish carpenter for many years, I definitely know quality craftsmanship when I see it and the molds I received are beautifully made.

As I mentioned, I haven't been casting for long and, therefore, I don't know the ins and outs of the various boolit designs yet so the types he has on hand are more than enough for me but as I learn more I may have to turn to another maker for a specific design. Thanks to all of you I know where to go.

Boolit Master
    Just got their .41 220 RF in a brass 4 cavity and like it. Haven't had time to do much accuracy testing though but looks promising if my 66 year old eyes would co-operate.

I really love mine

great stuff

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC