RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
Load Data

Thread: Lee APP shopping list

Boolit Master

Lee APP shopping list

I want to buy a Lee APP for case prep and bullet sizing to complement my Dillon 550 and Lee single stage.
    Reloading/ casting for-

38spl, 380, 9mm, 45acp, .223/5.56 loading/casting (except .223)

Can anyone sanity check my shopping list, or add suggestions to make my life better.
    My goal is increased throughout/decreased labor.
    I dislike case prep and bullet sizing.

Shopping list-

APP press kit- 90933
    Bullet sizer kit- 91532
    Bullet sizer and punch
    .357- 91519
    .358- 91520
    .452- 91527
    X-shell holders
    #2- 91535. (Included?)
    #4- 91537 (Included)
    #19- 91552 (Included)
    Primer swage kit- 91582
    Replacement SP swage rod- 91565
    Bullet size adapter (catch can)- 91151 ?

Collator- 90667
    Case feeder- 90242
    Breech lock adapters- 90042

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

That looks pretty good, I used the NOE sizer bushing holder rather than the Lee and I use the NOE punches and bushings. For .356-.359 one can use the same push rod. On thingverse there are sliders designed for specific bullet diameters, while not required... I would strongly suggest printing the .22 custom sliders, they work much better than the Lee fingers and generic slider. I also printed a different bottle cap that works very well for using large bulk pill or vitamin bottles. The stock handle sucks... either add the roller handle from Lee or 3D print a different handle that will work.

Boolit Grand Master

Mine came with #2, #4, and #19 X press shell holders. The universal case feeder is optional, as the APP does come with a single tube case feeder. Having the universal feeder is nice though, as you can use the collator to quickly fill them. My primer pocket swage kit came with everything for both small and larger primers. I don't think you will need the extra swage rod. The press, at least the deluxe version does, comes with the catch bottle and adapter, so you don't need that. I would try it as is before changing the handle. I really like the handle.

I have my press bolted to a steel plate. I have a number of things bolted to same size steel plates for use in a quick change set up. With the APP, I find it is just as easy to C clamp it to the bench, do my thing, and then put it back on the shelf out of the way.

Boolit Buddy

Add a wheelchair motor.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16003156370025394497604380365499.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	267861

Boolit Master
    I already ordered everything.
    Took 2 vendors to get everything, Titan and Midway, some things even went out of stock from this morning.
    The press is supposed to have the 3 shell holders.
    I got the extra swage rod just in case it is a consumable. I like extras on hand.
    I have a 20lbs of 223 to prep so I Hope it works out, and am looking to get some more.

I run my 550 bolted to some 2x wood stock C-clamped to a bench, makes it easy to move between houses and I used to bring it indoors when it was too hot/cold in the winter.

Works fine, but I will probably be moving and bolting things down permanently when I get the new press, I done currently have a need for portability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk