Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lee 310 rfn hunting bullet

Boolit Man
    The Lee 310 is the only thing that goes thru my 5.5 inch Redhawk. Sized .432 with H-110 and a standard Federal primer I get a consistent 1200 fps. My alloy is ACWW plus some tin for good fill out. I've taken a bunch of deer with it, none of which have gone more than 50 yards and never out of sight. Most only go a few feet. I have never gotten a boolit back so I don't know if I get any expansion. Who cares, I get two holes and plenty of blood should I need to do any tracking. My shots have all been about 45 yards and under. All but one have been taken from the ground.

Same load works well on grouse and squirrels, bit much on rabbits though.

Boolit Man
    I should mention that im loading these for my sbh and a friend's rifle

The Lee 310FN was my first .44 mold. I haven't gotten it to group well in my 6" DW 44 but I've also been loading them under 1000 fps. I was told they need to be going over 1000 fps to be accurate. YMMV. Good luck!

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    The Lee 310FN was my first .44 mold. I haven't gotten it to group well in my 6" DW 44 but I've also been loading them under 1000 fps. I was told they need to be going over 1000 fps to be accurate. YMMV. Good luck!
    That boolit needs spin to stabilize. Drive it hard and it will perform.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Buddy
    I shoot a 240 gr swc cast out of acww out of a SBH. Voliciy runs between 1300 and 1550. Ranges run out to 125 yards. I usually only get about 2 feet of movement. Straight down. I have never recovered a bullet but I know they do not expand. I have also shot deer with a 260 fan out of a 45 colt starting just over 1100 at 200 yards. Only movement was straight down with no recovered bullet. Start with a large dimaminter bullet and make a hole on both sides to let blood out.
    Steve

Boolit Buddy
    This deer didn’t complain, shot was 85 yards or so with the lee 310 that I plainbased PCed with 50/50 Attachment 268031

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12