WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: MEC Marksman press

Banned

MEC Marksman press

I was looking through the BPI catalog I got in the mail a few days ago and saw that MEC is making a metallic cartridge reloading press now. Looks to be well made and well thought out. Anyone have experience with one? I like the looks of it.

Banned

Boolit Master

MEC started making them couple years ago.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    rich, I bought one last summer, it works well!! Very smooth and plenty stout.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master

If you need anything from BPI give it about three weeks after you order. They have been slow.

Banned
    My local gunshop has one on display so customers can play with it. I really like it, much more than the larger Hornady mounted next to it.
    It's not overly large, very smooth in operation, and looks well built as in very stout for an open frame press.
    I really don't need a new press, but this one does tempt me every time I walk by it.

Ken

Banned

I really don't need another press. I have a Forster Co-ax I have yet to set up, but the simplicity and strength of these ones looks intriguing and it also looks simpler to adapt to from "normal" single stage presses than the Forster would be.

BPI has them for $209, not a cheap press, but not that outrageous either. Thinking about it.

I have a Forster Co-ax I have yet to set up, but the simplicity and strength of these ones looks intriguing and it also looks simpler to adapt to from "normal" single stage presses than the Forster would be.
    Might give it a try at least once before buying something else, pretty simple, even compared to “normal”.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    I was looking through the BPI catalog I got in the mail a few days ago and saw that MEC is making a metallic cartridge reloading press now. Looks to be well made and well thought out. Anyone have experience with one? I like the looks of it.
    I have one and really like it. The YouTube review that richhodg66 posted was very well done, IMHO, and I’ll second all the pros and cons mentioned in the review. The mount really is a good addition.

I’ve really considered picking one up as well but my old Lyman spartan just keeps chugging along
    Proud to serve, U.S. Army Infantry

I'm pretty much a RCBS guy, but I got rid of my Rockchucker Supreme & bought the MEC Marksman. It was a good switch & I'm very pleased with the MEC. No more ejected primers on the floor & a super smooth & heavy duty press. If you buy one, I feel like the stand is a must. It is different in that the ram comes to a dead stop & there is no need to "bump-over" into the die to remove any spring. There is no priming mechanism provided but that was not a problem for me.
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Boolit Bub
    I would agree with every comment. I just picked one up from Brownell's and honestly it exceeds all my expectation and if you have a dealer account - best $ anywhere. And fyi, buy on BO & save shipping cost + it's only a short wait. 2nd the stand comment.