Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: 7.65 Belgian/Argentine From 30-06

7.65 Belgian/Argentine From 30-06

I found a 7.65 Belgian barrel for my 1914 Hotchkiss.
    So here we go. I made a video for you guys.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nAckJz8--5c

Boolit Master
    Nice idea. If I had your tool setup I could have saved a little money. I use the RCBS conversion die. It is a 7.65 die with an open top that is preset to the correct length for 7.65 x 53. You just put in either a 30-06 or 270 case, pull the handle and cut off the excess with a hacksaw right at the top of the die and clean it up. No drill press required.
    Last edited by Hick; 09-15-2020 at 10:24 PM.
    Hick: Iron sights!

When I formed 7.65x53 from 30-06,
    I ended up turning the necks because they were thick and hard to chamber.

AntiqueSledMan.

Boolit Master
    Nice case trimmer!
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

7.65 Belgian/Argentine From 30-06

Good deal! I chop it first before resizing. Just above the neck.

Boolit Master

I had collected a bunch of 30-06 and 270 brass with the intent on forming new 7.65 x 53 for an Argy. I ended up being blessed by a member here with 120 or so pieces of brass, 20 fired, the rest unfired. I also received some Hornady bullets and some Lyman dies, all for the cost of 'pay it forward.'

My first attempt at 'swapping and selling' was taken down by moderators because I did not list a price for the dies I had. I explained that I was not selling but swapping for 'pay it forward.' I guess I will find a more appropriate thread than swapping and selling for this venture. Maybe I will list them at S&S with an outrageous price, or swap, just to prove a point with humor
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Master
    I have an old 7.65 Arg "file trim" die. I just lube the -06 cases, push them in, saw the excess off and fine mill file the mouth square and ready to chamfer/deburr. After forming I do a careful annealing, NEVER red hot!

My old Mauser Md. 1891 rifle is beautifully made. It has a fine barrel that shoots well and has a chamber that doesn't need much - if any neck - turning. I shortened the magazine to two rounds, that and one in the chamber is all I need. In 1968 I put it in a Bishop classic sporter stock with a 1" Pacmeyer pad, cut the barrel to 24", installed a set of Rem 700 sights then polished and hot blued the whole thing. Kept the two stage trigger and safety, it's plenty good enough for a deep woods deer rifle. I love it!
    Last edited by 1hole; 09-17-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    I have an old 7.65 Arg "file trim" die. I just lube the -06 cases, push them in, saw the excess off and fine mill file the mouth square and ready to chamfer/deburr. After forming I do a careful annealing, NEVER red hot!

My old Mauser Md. 1891 rifle is beautifully made. It has a fine barrel that shoots well and has a chamber that doesn't need much - if any neck - turning. I shortened the magazine to two rounds, that and one in the chamber is all I need. In 1968 I put it in a Bishop classic sporter stock with a 1" Pacmeyer pad, cut the barrel to 24", installed a set of Rem 700 sights then polished and hot blued the whole thing. Kept the two stage trigger and safety, it's plenty good enough for a deep woods deer rifle. I love it!
    Pictures or it did not happen. (Not raggin on you but pictures are appreciated.)
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Master
    Another method to perform a rough forming is to remove the bullet seating stem from your seating die, then run a lubed case into it. The seating die will perform about 75-80% of the case forming, and running it into the sizing (or file trim) die can do the rest. Of course, you would still need to do any trimming, chamfering, and neck turning.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master
    Back in 1963 I bought my first 1891 argy. Grand total of $20 bucks. Back then you had two choices if you wanted to shoot them. Interarms 7.65x53mm mil surp ammo or Norma which was expensive then and now. broke down and bought a RCBS 3 die set plus the Form and trim die. Somewhere around that time I found about 400 Israeli boxer primed 8mm brass. So some of that got turned into 7.65x53mm brass. Then discovered I needed a neck reamer. Got one from Foster .311. Small Starret tap wrench worked but ended up using the foster case trimmer as the shank fit the foster case trimmer. Still have a bunch of once fired Norma brass, some of the Israeli 8mm brass, and some of the PPU brass. Still with the covid virus all local ranges are closed but at least I can restart casting some bullets. Frank

Boolit Master
    I tried this once, and got stymied at the thick neck, with no way to turn the insides of the necks. Someone on another forum bailed me out by suggesting the use of .308 Winchester cases. I asked about the 2 mm difference in lengths. He said just reload the a few times & DO NOT TRIM them. He admitted that the neck was a bit short, but would elongate slightly. It worked!
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!