I made a call to big brother in my state they told me they are backed up
    and I could expect it (approval or denial)within 2 days and they have 5
    days to approve the transfer BS is what I say
    I have transferred numerous firearms they should have me on speed dial
    also carry a valid cc permit so this is horse shoes
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master

I bought a handgun 2 days ago and it zipped right through. Since this particular establishment doesn't accept a concealed carry permit in place of a 4473 I had to fill out the 4473 on a computer. I estimate it was approved in less than 10 minutes. I spent more time than that waiting for the store to process their own internal paperwork.
    Chuck

Boolit Master
    I don't know about handguns, but I just picked up a rifle at the local gun store. Went in on a Friday, was told I was #2080 on the list waiting for approval. They called the next Wednesday afternoon and told me the transfer was approved and I could come in and pick up my rifle. I had to sign another line on the form because I didn't take it out of the shop the same day I filled out the paperwork. I've heard it's worse now, but can't say for sure.

Boolit Master

Why do we have to pay fees and wait as this is a Right not a permitted right but a Right , this state has waiting periods for semi auto so called by newer law assault rifles and checks by local police for pistols and registration for pistols and now assault rifles and so called instant checks , its all a registration scheme and a infringement on our rights , wait if I am a criminal I can steal or buy from someone no checks no waits , oh wait we give police extra rights on this to so they sign off on extra checks for citizens BS same rights same laws same constitution end of story .

Boolit Grand Master
    Finally today after big brother approved my plea to own a handgun it was granted
    I was told by my ffl that firearms sales are up 146% in my state
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Moderator Emeritus

I picked one up Thursday. My ffl logged it in, checked my ID, called and sent it out in 7 minutes.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    If you have a carry permit in ND you are good to go no wait. That alone makes it worth having a carry permit for me.

Thank the NRA.

They supported NICS.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    I was at the pawn shop yesterday. Fella had ordered and paid for 2 pistols and the pawn shop was handling the transfer. $20. Fella filled out the 4473 even though he has a concealed carry permit. Pawn shop called it in and there's a wait since calls are in and he'll have to come back when they get the OK.

That afternoon I saw a 22 pistol I NEED on armslist. Owner called to make arrangements to meet and 1 hour later I'm headed home with the 22 pistol I NEEDED. I had to give up my cash, photocopy of my ID, pistol purchase permit, and sign a bill of sale. All perfectly legal in my state.

I don't get the thinking behind these 2 legal transactions that took place within a few miles of each other. Crazy.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tinsnips View Post
    If you have a carry permit in ND you are good to go no wait. That alone makes it worth having a carry permit for me.
    My state says if I have a concealed carry permit I have to tell law enforcement I have a gun and I have to give it to them. If I open carry without a concealed carry then I don't have to give it to them unless I've done something wrong.

Boolit Master

In Ga. if you have CCW, fill out 4473, pay and out the door, Fl. too. Have Fl. CCW but have to wait 3 days for a long gun, pretty sure its longer but I’m not buying anything.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    My state says if I have a concealed carry permit I have to tell law enforcement I have a gun and I have to give it to them. If I open carry without a concealed carry then I don't have to give it to them unless I've done something wrong.
    You have to hand your gun over? That’s nuts. You’d think they don’t want it at all due to liability.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-x View Post
    In Ga. if you have CCW, fill out 4473, pay and out the door, Fl. too. Have Fl. CCW but have to wait 3 days for a long gun, pretty sure its longer but I’m not buying anything.
    Same in Ohio.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12