Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: 10mm Springfield XDm

Boolit Master

10mm Springfield XDm

Does anyone have any experience with the 10mm Springfield XDm? Specifically I'm curious if it has issues feeding certain bullet profiles. I did some searches here but didn't come up with anything.

I have a brother with an older XD in .45 Auto, and it's really picky about the bullet types it'll feed. One particular disappointment was that it won't feed the H&G 68 style worth a darn.

My hope is that the 10mm XDm might be a better design where feeding is concerned.

Thanks,
    Mike

I have both the Springfield handguns you mention. The older .45 XD had a barrel design that wouldn't allow for the feeding of SWC bullets. As long as you stick with Hollow Point or Round nose, then it will feed and fire all day long. At least mine has for several thousand rounds without a hiccup.

My XDm in 10mm has fed everything I've put through it. It hasn't failed even one time with JHP, RNFP or RN, but I haven't tried any SWC through it, but it's my understanding that Springfield addressed that issue some years ago with XD line.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

The XDM series of pistols was designed to feed any boolit shape. I have one in 45ACP and it works with anything.
    There was a design flaw in the original XD series that caused anything with a sharp shoulder to fail in the 45ACP models. They work perfectly with round nose, RNFP, and TC shapes.
    The problem stemmed from the action allowing the fired case to drop below the bottom of the slide during recoil. The bottom edge of the brass would hang up on the shoulder of the top round in the magazine slowing/stopping the slide and causing a failure.
    The cure was simple. The XDM slides have a hump on the bottom of the slide at the face that pushes the top round in the magazine down, clearing the spent brass so that everything works as it should.
    It is a simple and positive fix that might be able to be applied to the XD series pistols.

I would assume the XDM in 10mm would have the same design as the 45ACP since they are the same frame.

Boolit Master
    I’ve had the short barreled XDm 10mm for a year or two. Never had it jam....yet.
    I mostly shoot RFN from Accurate 40-165 bc They give me the same POI as the 165gr V-Crown hollow points I load as felon repellent (I believe that highly descriptive phrase was coined by 9.3x62Al).
    I put night sights on mine and have come to depend on it nearly as much as my 4 inch GP100 357.
    Blue Dot is my favorite fuel. Either of those 165’s are running a bit above 1350 fps.
    The Lee TC fed without a hiccup too. I think it was about 175 grs.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Boolit Master
    Thanks very much guys, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Much appreciated!