MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Navy Arms Buffalo Hunter .58

Boolit Bub

Navy Arms Buffalo Hunter .58

I purchased a Navy Arms Buffalo Hunter in .58 caliber. Shoots well with Patched round ball. Haven't tried a minie ball. Was wondering if anyone makes a drop-in 12ga. shotgun barrel for this gun? Another option would be to have the existing barrel re-bored to 12ga. Does anyone know of a gunsmith that can do this work? Kind of hate to have a good rifle barrel bored-out, but I already have a .58 caliber flinter that I use for deer hunting. Was wanting something to use for turkey on my property down here in the Ozarks. Saw a flock in the pasture last week and it has given me the bug!

Trade it for a pedersoli 12ga or even a 10ga maybe. that is what id do. Hows things in mo i grew up in Oregon county just south of alton
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Buddy

Bobby Hoyt, The Freischutz shop in PA will rebore

Look for drop in barrels for the 1863 Remington Zouave from which the Buffalo Hunter is derived. Most of the drop in barrels I have seen over the years were for the Trapdoor 45/70 rifle.
    Hellgate in Orygun
    With 16+revolvers, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of cap&ball.
    If you do not subscribe to a newspaper you are uninformed. If you do subscribe to a newspaper you are misinformed. Mark Twain
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn