Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Lee reloader press

Boolit Bub

Lee reloader press

Hello, Just thought I would share for anybody interested. (I just picked one up) Lee has the Reloader press on clearance. It’s a “seconds” model that Lee says may be missing paint in some areas. These presses make a great bullet sizing/de capping little press. At $25 (half off) it’s a value and they are usually sold out at the higher normal price.

https://leeprecision.com/factory-sec...der-press.html
    Last edited by Hutch556; 09-14-2020 at 08:42 PM.

Boolit Master
    that was my first real reloading press after graduating from lee loader whack o moles. It earned the nickname the flex-o-matic. but it was shiny red and thief brother made it grow legs. sure does bring back memories

Yeah, 25 bucks? That's hard to pass up. I might get one to mount upside down for bullet sizing

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I've been using one for many years. Lots of 45-70's and 45Colts been thru it.

Boolit Master

That is what i started with too. After the whack a mole system got old real fast lol.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by nhyrum View Post
    Yeah, 25 bucks? That's hard to pass up. I might get one to mount upside down for bullet sizing

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Exactly my thoughts.

Boolit Buddy

Thanks, ordered one this morning.

I thought about it but i got enuf crap around here maybe next time
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    (Lee's "Reloader") was my first real reloading press after graduating from lee loader whack o moles. It earned the nickname the flex-o-matic. but it was shiny red and thief brother made it grow legs. sure does bring back memories
    I had to chuckle with "flex-o-matic." When I finally had it with my RC 2 tossing spent primers all around and puddling the primer grit on the ram I got a Reloader and Lee Universal decap die. It works fine, didn't take long for me to wonder how much that tiny little C press made of aluminum alloy flexed when FL sizing my .30-06 compared to the big, heavy RC. I have the necessary tools to do that so I ran a flex test using the same cases, dies and shell holder.

Without the details I was soon astonished. When sizing G.I. cases to the same shoulder length, the RC stretched 2 1/2 to 3 thou but the Reloader didn't flex enough to measure! I later got a second Reloader and found the same measurement to be true of it so the first wasn't a fluke! If you have a precision dial indicator reading in tenths and a magnetic stand for it, try it for yourself.

Turns out that cast iron does have a bit of initial flex in it that Lee's little high grade cast alum alloy Reloader press doesn't. It's not by any means as brutally strong as the RC's cast iron and steel but a flex-o-matic it ain't!

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch556 View Post
    Hello, Just thought I would share for anybody interested. (I just picked one up) Lee has the Reloader press on clearance. It’s a “seconds” model that Lee says may be missing paint in some areas. These presses make a great bullet sizing/de capping little press. At $25 (half off) it’s a value and they are usually sold out at the higher normal price.

https://leeprecision.com/factory-sec...der-press.html
    Thanks for the heads-up!

Boolit Master
    Have one set up for priming with the old and discontinued Lee Auto Prime II. Mounted on a piece of 1X4 and clamped on the end of my reloading desk it has served me well for the last 15 years or so. I load in larger batches and between sessions easy to remove and store.

Boolit Master
    either it was an illusion I was experiencing or they have changed the casting forms since the 80's or it may well have been the semi portable mounting of the press at the time in my rental house. it sure seemed like something was flexing.
    regardless it was a great press for 357 mag and 222 rem at the time. it got the job done and that's what really matters. my mentor was strongly suggesting at the time to get a Dillon but with my limited income I just could not afford the cost of a Dillon.

Boolit Master
    I use mine for a powder stand, it was cheaper than a powder stand and in a pinch could be used as a backup loading press.

Boolit Master
    Mine just arrived. There were two areas, one on the bottom of the threading for the die and the other on the top where the ram comes through the frame that had some paint chipped off. There was a surprise in that this was NOT the breech lock model. It was the old version where the dies screw directly into the press frame. No biggie since my decapping and M-dies aren't set up for use on a breech lock press anyway.
    Some times it's the pot,
    Some times it's the pan,
    It might even be the skillet,
    But, most of the time, it's the cook.