Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Senility strikes again

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    You got off easy.

Normally I can't find anything important until I buy a new one to replace it.

The last thing was a .38/.357 shell plate for a Hornady AP.
    Now that I have two, I think might make a ninja star out of the 2nd one.

A classic I've seen a few times is someone looking for their glasses when they're on top of their head.
    Or tear the house apart looking for keys that they had in a different pocket than normal.
    this sounds exactally like me!
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master
    Dude, welcome to my WORLD! I'm only 58 & I lost my rockchucker during my last move. HOW d'ya lose something with the size & heft of a decent fishing boat anchor?

BTW, I like the "Senitility" spelling! I'm right there with ya, on my spelling & typing!
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

A stripped barrel/receiver for a Mossberg 152 has been sitting @ the back of my bench for 2 years & the stock is in the closet: both are waiting for me to remember where I put the bolt & small hardware.

I'm 81 and have an excuse.

Boolit Master
    Lost Names is my main problem. I will try to think of a certain name of someone or something from my past. Most of the time I will let the boys in the basement work on it, and it will pop up in my head a couple of hours later. But if it takes longer than usual and then appears in my mind, I will note the name down in a specific page in my Moleskine notebook. That has worked a bunch of times for me. It looks to me as though there are certain names which fall through a specific crack and are well nigh unobtainable. I do know to go to the notebook though if it is one that feels like that and check to see if it is in there. An old buddy and I were on the phone trying to think of old so and so's name, and finally between the two of us, we came up with it; he supplied the first name and I supplied the last name.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Or tear the house apart looking for keys that they had in a different pocket than normal. I did this about 2 weeks ago. About a week ago, my Grandson and I went ATV riding, the ride got cut short when he found he was covered in seed ticks (but that;s another story) we got back to the truck and after I turned my ATV off I heard an engine running. It was my truck, I checked my pockets for the keys but nope they were in the ignition; lucky for me (and GM's Nanny) the truck didn't lock and no-one noticed it while we were gone.

Boolit Master
    I hear ya, just cant remember why I was reading this thread. I have placed so much stuff in a safe place and cant find it, that now swmbo has painted a large red square on the floor in a corner with a small shelf and a large sign "safe place" so now there's a designated spot.

Put my day backpack in the truck bed up near the cab. Took it out when arriving at home. Later began to look for my hunting knife. Sold one similar for $350.00 in 1980. Year went by and still no knife. Used my truck on the lease all year getting stuck a couple times and a collection of "necessary" short 2x4 and 2x6 boards, come alongs, and electric winch all piled behind the cab. Cleaned the truck a few times but missed a small pile of leaf matter in the very corner of the bed at the front. I thought how could I have missed cleaning that out. As I swept away I saw a shape of knife and sheath. The knife is made of D2 steel and it is only rust resistant. Sheath came apart in pieces , the blade had heavy thick rust and the brass parts the green crust. After washing and scraping the concave blade I saw that it had no deep rust pockets. A little light work polishing and it will be back. The Ironwood handle swelled up some. I am hoping for it to dry out with time. At my bench I will use a tool then lay it down while focused on the work object, do another process and reach for the tool. Nowhere to be found. Can't see it. Starrett 0 - 1" micrometer and the Craftsman mike are nowhere to be found as we speak.
    Brought a 5x5 bowkilled elk home last week. It was a frontal shot at 41 yards...My excuse for losing stuff is 85 years old.

They advertise medication for short term memory improvement. Now if I could just remember the name of that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill8914 View Post
    They advertise medication for short term memory improvement. Now if I could just remember the name of that stuff.
    When you find out, let me know.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    You help me find that 8-10" black rubber oil drain plug extension w/brass fittings that I had recently and I'll help you find whatever it is you can't find.
    https://wbrpc.org/

genealogy, another area of interest

feedback - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...9613-czech_too

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!
    More than once lately at my age, I find myself thinking of the Hereafter.

I've walked out to my shop, stopped at the door and muttered......"What the Hell did I come out hereafter again?" Actually, I'm not kidding. I'll walk purposefully on a mission, but fill my mind with other projects as I walk and suddenly realize I have NO idea what the mission was!

My other trick is making a point during a conversation and suddenly stop for lack of a proper word. One lousy word.........a word you've used all your life, and now I can't pull it. It's embarrassing, especially when you think of it later and try to restart the conversation. Then nobody's interested anymore.......sigh.

Getting older is not for sissies........now where'd I put that blasted computer mouse thingy??

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bill8914 View Post
    Hell, I'd forget to take it!

Boolit Buddy
    I have a briefcase that is clearly a portal to the 4th dimension. Lost items will re-appear on the top of the pile of stuff in there after a few hours or days of searching. It makes me wonder how much time was spent in that dimension, could be just seconds. I tear my garage apart three times a year looking for things I know I have but can't find. Then magically I find them in a place I've already looked through a couple of times. I do find treasure once in awhile. Mostly laugh at myself and realize I have too much sheisse.

Boolit Master
    When growing up, I've been told by various people that important things should be put in a "special place", a phrase which strikes fear in me when I hear it. It's a place from which precious little is ever known to return, especially in recent years.

Boolit Master

Get in the car. Start out for an appointment, church, the store. Brain checks out for a second. Spouse is there to "remind" me, or no telling where we would end up I tell her one time she should sit back, relax, and see where we go! It's always an adventure.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

When I retired I would spend 6-8 hrs a day in my shop. As time has progressed through the years the shop time has crept down. When I go out the door to the shop one of these days I will meet myself coming back in -- that is when I know my time is short!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    You got off easy.

Normally I can't find anything important until I buy a new one to replace it.

The last thing was a .38/.357 shell plate for a Hornady AP.
    Now that I have two, I think might make a ninja star out of the 2nd one.
    More than once in the last year i've ordered a die set and when I received it and went to put it in my die storage draw I found an identical die set I have no recollection of ever ordering.

Boolit Master
    I was gonna reply when I first read this thread this morning but just now found my tablet. Normally I leave it charging and just follow the wire but this time I'd picked up and put it down unplugged not even ten feet away, but, of course, it immediately became invisible, despite the bright red cover I put on it to make it stick out.

At least I still remember the pass code.

Boolit Master

Yeah? What is it? You might need this thread to recover it in the future...
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Your lucky you found your mould. I got four with a gun I bought almost a year ago. I’m sure all came into my shop together. I have three of them, but the fourth is still MIA for six months. Cleaned the shop twice too. Still no joy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast