RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Lee Precision
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Senility strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by grayscale View Post
    It's names. I keep losing names. I see people in the hallways I've known for thirty years and I can't remember their names! The grandkids
    come over and I have to run down the whole list of names before I can remember just which kid this is. Funny thing is I can remember my mother and my grandmother doing the same thing. Must run in the family!
    I call the wife "dear" because of a very real fear of calling her by the wrong name. Caught myself on several occasions with the name of an old girlfriend half out.

Several different girlfriend's names.

I was almost 30 before I got married, so there is a fairly long series of names to go through before I hit on the right one.

Been married almost 36 years. Just sticking with "dear" since drifting into geezerville has probably saved me from getting whacked with the proverbial frying pan.
    Last edited by 15meter; 10-13-2020 at 11:23 PM.

Found that damn hammer. It was in the drawer marked "hammers".

Boolit Buddy
    #10 shell holder and a set of dental picks. Been gone since the beginning of the year...I think the COVID bugs took them

Boolit Master

Somewhere around here....I haven't given up yet....there is a red .50 ammo box half full of 8mm Mauser ammo made in Turkey. Mil surp, corrosive machine gun ammo too hot to shoot in my rifle without a bit of adulteration, which now that I'm retired I have plenty of time for. I'll come up with it eventually. In the meantime though I came across 2 sleeves of primers. 1 SP and 1 LP. One marked 2009 and the other 2010. I don't know whether to rejoice or call for a Dr's appointment.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Not long ago a friend of a friend gave me over 500 loaded 9mm bullets without ANY load data supplied. With the scarcity of 115 gr. FMJ's in mind, I decided to take them to the range. As a precaution, I changed my grips to the cheap plastic ones I had, loaded one in a mag, then the chamber in my Beretta 96 Centurian, removed the mag (I've seen mags and grips get blown apart from a cartridge blow up) and dropped the hammer. Then when I picked up the empty and saw the case was blown out knew they were unusable.

So drat it, I had to pull over 500 cases and went looking for my two pullers (the green ones in the pic) but nope, they were nowhere to be found. I KNOW where I put them previously but they were gone. So I put the project on the back burner and bought the blue Frankford puller on Ebay (not very good one I might add, the threads are very tight) and started to pull. The Frankford is painfully slow to use so it went... slowly. A few days later I went into a LGS and saw the orange Lyman in a junk bin for ten buckazoids and it is a dream to use over the Frankford.

Well I finished the job, and a few days later found my two RCBS pullers!

Oh, here's a couple of kinetic puller tips for those who may not have used them...

1. Motor Mica dry lube is inert and will not affect gun powder at all, a bit of it on the CLEAN threads of the puller make it easier to use. Also motor mica on various parts of the Dillon primer feed slider works wonders to prevent jams.

2. Using a standard shell holder upside down instead of the flimsy collet that's supplied with the puller is far faster. Yes, I KNOW of the myth of a high primer being detonated by the screw on cover, if true??? a simple fix? Don't pull bullets with high primers

Anyway, that damn ghost I have here! Now I have a collection of pullers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bullet_pullers.jpg  
    Regards,

Gary

The lyman looks to be the best of the bunch.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    I call the wife "dear" because of a very real fear of calling her by the wrong name. Caught myself on several occasions with the name of an old girlfriend half out.

I was almost 30 before I got married, so there is a fairly long series of names to go through before I hit on the right one.

Been married almost 36 years. Just sticking with "dear" since drifting into geezerville has probably saved me from getting whacked with the proverbial frying pan.
    When I was dating my now wife of 36 years are used to call honey. That was cause I couldn’t remember her name! Lol
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post

I've always called GF's and the Ex wife "sweetie" or some permutation of that so I never came close
    Regards,

Gary

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234