Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Senility strikes again

Senility strikes again

Got a new shiny good smelling 5 cavity mold (.225) from Arsenal molds last week. Really nice looking w/o any chatter marks or tooling marks of any kind in the cavitys. Went to the shop today to look it over again and ---------- could not find it! I know it is out there - I had it in my hand! Spent 4 hours wandering around out there looking for it. Came back to the house and dumped the recycle and trash cans, no glory. By now I know I have lost my mind (short trip & don't burn much fuel). Drove up to get the mail after giving up the search and pulling back into the garage glanced over and there it was on top of a cooler.
    Amazes me how things disappear and then materalize in places you have no memory of going to. Still looking for my 4" cresent wrench after three years missing - I know it is there somewhere!

Boolit Master
    Ah, we have had that discussion here before, your major problem was that you were looking for “it” which was temporarily displaced to an alternate reality. The harder you hunted the deeper it got. The only solution is to truly look for something else (can’t cheat either) like going find the mail to bring it back to this reality.

I do it all the time you'd about have to beat me with it before i can find anything i need
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Master
    Yep feel your pain, I could hide my own Easter Eggs! After turning the house upside down, I found my wallet in the fridge when I gave up and went looking for a beer!
    Must be something to that alternate universe thing, come to think of it!

And welcome to the forum, too!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Buddy
    My favorite thing to do, is to be holding the item in my hand, but cannot find it any where.

After finding the item, i am never sure if I should laugh or cry.

They tell me it gets worse, great........

Boolit Master
    Must be those durned gremlins.

You got off easy.

Normally I can't find anything important until I buy a new one to replace it.

The last thing was a .38/.357 shell plate for a Hornady AP.
    Now that I have two, I think might make a ninja star out of the 2nd one.

A classic I've seen a few times is someone looking for their glasses when they're on top of their head.
    Or tear the house apart looking for keys that they had in a different pocket than normal.
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 09-15-2020 at 12:32 AM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

I’m only 44, I have these moments. My poor family!

I’ve been looking for some 45-70 cases for the past year, you got off lucky.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    My daughter was talking to me on the phone, heard her scratching around, then “ crap, it’s in my hand”. She had been looking for her phone while talking to me on it! She’s 27......... no, she’s not blonde!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    I have around here somewhere a Lyman 57SME rear sight I put away for safe keeping. I put it away so good that years later I still can't find it. All my other sights are in two plastic boxes labeled at to their contents. One has Garand parts, another Springfield parts, another has scope bases and rings, so you get the picture. Frank

Boolit Master
    I lose my backside all the time. Fortunately it’s tied on!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Cast Boolits Owner

I lose stuff all the time then forget I am looking for it.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master

I had a handy tool, something like what a dentist might use. Scratch awl on one end and sharpened hook on the other. It was the handiest tool for preventing springs from launching into the 5th dimension. Lost it years ago and never could find it. Two days after buying a replacement at Harbor Freight, there it is on my bench. I have no explanation and remain completely mystified.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Master

"Locked" my keys in the truck at O'Dark-30, while hunting. Called Triple "A". Tipped the locksmith they sent $10 for opening the truck (learned a valuable trick in that too - so money well spent). He left. Keys were NOT in there. Keys were under the gas tank lid, where I left them. Dooph!

"Found" my 30-06 Precision Micrometer, right where it was supposed to be, after FOUR DAYS of tearing up EVERYTHING looking for it. "Lost it" after comparing it to another, and the Internet, for its replacement cost. Dooph!

Actually LOST my best hemostats (dehooker), overboard, while deep sea fishing. Had it "tied" to my belt loop, "loosely" - apparently. Tough to watch that stainless steel disappear in 90-fathoms of water. Had it in my hands only seconds ago.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Grand Master
    Wait until you spend 15 minutes looking in the grass for the glasses you are wearing... and have a couple of people stop by and help you look! Don’t ask me how that happened.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Bub
    After reading these, I don't feel so bad...

Boolit Master

I put important stuff in a safe spot so I dont lose it------then forget where the spot was that I put it. still missing a tractor but I'm sure its in a safe spot.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Grand Master

I think all of us have those moments! I've tried really hard to make regular places for things and to take the extra time to put them there. Like undressing in the same place and putting my wallet, keys and knife in the same place every night. Bullet molds have their place, I put the tools on my loading bench back in their assigned places, ect. This even works! Sometime!!!

Boolit Master

I'll pass on a story that happened to me this week, something I've not even told my wife. I sleep alone and often just lay my glasses on the other side of the bed when I turn out the light Other morning, I woke up, looked for my glasses, not there. Of course, they have just fallen off the bed, into the 6" space between bedside and wall, so I check there, nope! I get a spare pair, and look again, not there, I get a flashlight just to check the darn corners, nope. I then suppose I deviated from routine and laid them elsewhere, I so check "elsewhere". Not to be found. So I have a cuppa to sharpen the old brain cells and take a break before resuming the hunt, starting over by checking where they should have been, nothing. So I speak out loud and say " Ok, Mr poltergiest that lives here, that's a really good joke, you got me, now could I have my glasses back, please? ". I was laying across the bed, staring at the spot the glasses would have fallen, where I have searched now about four times and slowly my eyes focused on my glasses, right there! All I'm saying, is try asking nicely for your items back, might work!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast