Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Repackbox Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chinese f35 copy

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbigsteel View Post
    The systems are isolated, but spies can bridge the "air gap" with a thumb drive.
    I have to disagree. I work for Department of the Army, and our non-classified network (and certainly our classified network) will not allow the use of ANY external media. No CDs, thumb drives, or anything. Our computers still have USB ports, but even plugging your phone into one to charge it will set off alarms. Offices that routinely handle classified information do now allow any PEDs inside the office (Personal Electronic Devices). That includes cell phones, smart watches, etc.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholst55 View Post
    I have to disagree. I work for Department of the Army, and our non-classified network (and certainly our classified network) will not allow the use of ANY external media.
    I also work in a classified environment. And in the course of maintaining the system I have realized methods and times where I could walk out with a copy of every file from classified media and not leave so much as an entry in the security audits that I was on the system. As I mentioned earlier, insider threats are always going to be vulnerabilities. For a typical user the USB, network communications and removable media can be disabled. A "spy" walking into a secured system with a thumb drive will probably fail. But to the techs maintaining the systems these measures don't register as even an inconvenience.

Boolit Master

40 years ago, I worked for a military defense contractor while going to school at night. There were no computers, but what we were doing was pretty technical. Lucky for the United States of America, most of my coworkers were too stupid to know they were working for a government contractor on highly sensitive stuff, they just thought they were making electronic parts.

Some of these people had been there for 10 years, and just thought they were making stuff. When they found out what it actually was we were doing for the Air Force, some of those tree huggers threatened to quit because they didn’t wanna have anything to do with weapon parts. They chickened out.

All technology is subject to theft, I never heard of any of our technology getting out. Now you can probably buy the crap at Walmart, come to think of it, you actually can.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Master

My former employer, a subcontractor heavily invested in the military/industrial complex, did something strange 5 or so years ago. They have a guest WiFi set up for visitors that's password protected. It was made known to everyone on the floor by mid level managers and their sycophants that the guest WiFi was wide open and anyone could join in! The password listed on the company website. This went on for about a year until it was announced that so much band width had been taken up that the guests couldn't get in anymore, and that anyone caught on the guest WiFi was subject to immediate dismissal.

Now call me paranoid if you like, but I think anyone who accessed the system had a cookie put in their phone. The kind Amazon uses to deliver ads for products you've searched for on a competitors website.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

I frequently get into the NSA/DoD and believe me...they take media seriously. No cellphones, no laptops, no cameras, no USB devices of ANY kind, no media (CD/DVD) in unless cleared by IT and a higher up and it must be scanned It NEVER goes out. Nothing with memory can go in...no MP3 players, and no tape players. If I have to change a computer or its hard drive/memory then the defective stays on-site....once deemed clean it goes to a crusher....this includes printers. They pay for a lot of components that most of my customer's just allow us to remove/throw away. It's the cost of security in their eyes.

It wouldn't be easy for an outsider to remove Secret/Top Secret information...but an insider....they are trusted to a point. If you can fool a polygraph test...you likely could get info out. I'm guessing that the information was by a "trusted" employee/contractor.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Of course; when our elected officials JUST GIVE IT AWAY - where is the accountability. As an example; Clinton gave away missile technology to China, supposedly to allow them to launch Satellites (Of course any country that can launch a Satellite - can also launch a nuclear missile that can hit anywhere in the world). Also he gave away "Super Computers" to the Chinese; and we know they have done nothing malicious with that.

A good synapsis article on JUST WHAT CLINTON did to the US can be found at:

https://capitalresearch.org/article/...le-technology/
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Grand Master

Two University professors in Louisiana were caught sending research data to the Chinese .
    Both quit their University jobs and research work , were hired by some private Companies and the news media played it all down as they were innocent and simply left the Universities for the private sector ... and swept the stories under the rug .... Bull ! They had been stealing research for years and sending it to China ... and that was in only two Louisiana Universities that got looked at ...what about all the universities in the country ...how much info gets stolen !
    The Chinese are not our friends and Biden is in bed with them ... The media lies to us .
    Why can't they wake up and see what China is doing ?
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    It's pretty well known that industrial espionage folks have taken a slingshot or the like & flung thumb drives with a back door payload installed on them, into competitors' parking lots and fenced secure areas - the hope being that an innocent person plugs the drive in to test it, at work, thus installing the espionage payload inside the company's network. Cheap and from what I hear it's been quite effective in some cases. Nasty IMO though...

Boolit Master

It is my understanding that there are no patents in China. If whatever "betters country or mankind" there are no rules. What we call espinioge (sp.)they call sharing. Lying, cheating and lying is normal and expected if it helps country. Signed contracts are worthless in their eyes.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    Top Secret data under proper controls is not accessible via the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    This sort of theft is done directly by people with access to it on secure systems, or working in & on the projects themselves.
    There are folks in the system who will sell their mothers for money, lifestyle, or worst of all political ideology.
    The systems are secure, all it takes is one user with access who is not secure.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Gov. contracts to universities is the biggest problem. When I was doing classified stuff, put in a request, doc was provided and you sat at a desk with it until done, the back to lockup. Computers in another safe room. Nothing classified on them.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    I have worked for both government and civilian companies that had "secret" information.
    In my experience the civilian companies maintained a lot better control of secret information compared to the government contractors following government guidelines.

For instance the civilian companies did not allow distribution of any document with trade secrets.

The government contractors would let a person with a clearance check out a classified document. It would have been easy to take the document to an unsecured copier and copy it.
    EDG

Boolit Grand Master

I can't address how government contractors get by with this. Within actual government agencies you have to have a equal or higher security clearance and most importantly an need to know. Of course inside threats will always find a way to circumvent the system given sufficient motivation.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Do you notice how the companies that loose this data are not fined, or severely punished?

Defense contractors just get to throw up their hands after a loss and then sell the Government the next generation of product to keep one step ahead of the 'enemy'. We also have allies who steal and underhandedly sell info for a profit. (Check out unlimited hangout.com for an example)

Rest assured, it'll never change. We're just sheep to be fleeced.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

It's worse. World patent org superceeds US patents so anybody can usurp a US patent, get world patent. Patent lawyers told us NOT to patent anything, just keep as trade secret. East Asia companies would just copy anything - you had to be careful who you hired there as QC was usually bypassed or bought off. See the 'mercedes' with the upside down star? Chinese factory across the street makes them. Asian attitude is they will sell anything and steal to get whatever it takes. It is their culture. Always has been.
    Whatever!

They infiltrate our companies and government - I know of one incident at GE, where somebody worked his way up in the company over 5+ years until he had access to real intellectual property. He shared that regularly with his people in China, but got caught because IT is becoming so sophisticated, that there are means of monitoring network traffic to the point that Big Brother is becoming a laughable good night story.
    Also, China is actively and openly hiring people with knowledge of intellectual property - they expect the chosen ones to come to China, work there for xx years and as a reward get a few Million Dollars and a nice salary while "providing results"...
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12