Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders Jerky
Wideners Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stapler

I have small Fishing Tackle box that is official target box. Stapler, roofing nails, celotex nails, hammer and tape for hanging targets. Also have pliers, wire, cable ties and Duct tape. We usually take battery drill and selection of drywall screws with use to repair target frames. I love election years, target frames are endless, thank you Uncle Joe.

Boolit Master

My decades old Powershot is still kicking any my first choice.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    use a stanley stapler ,main thing is getting the right staples .our backing boards are ply

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Stanley t-50 for years. One in each range box
    Regards
    John

T50 for stapling plasticized cardboard target backer to the wood target frame and a JT27 to staple paper targets to the plastic cardboard backer. With plenty of refills for both.

AND both of them spray painted in hideous colors to avoid losing them in the tall grass, and so nobody "accidentally" takes it home cause it looks like theirs.

Boolit Grand Master

I've had an Arrow T50 for as long as I can remember. I couldn't even tell you where I got it. It has never jammed, and will handle up to 3/4" staples no issue. I normally use 1/2" for targets. 3/8", or even 1/4" might work for plywood, but our targets are made of some kind of foam board. The short staples don't stick into that well.

Boolit Buddy
    Best stapler I have is my Surebonder pneumatic. But that would be annoying to drag out at the range.

Occurs to me, why is no one using thumbtacks? They're reusable and don't clog up the frame. At the camp I first learned to shoot, we used those for the targets and once in a while would aim for those instead of the bullseye! IIRC they make a nice colored splatter.

Boolit Master

I have an old old black Bostik stapler that is more than adequate to tack up targets. But it uses an old crowned staple, not the square top T50 type staple. That is why it lives in the range bag with the last box of staples ( 5000 ) that I was able to buy. When they are gone I will get an Arrow T50 , if I have to, at a garage sale and use it. I got an electric stapler to use in the shop but I do not have 100 yards of chord so it will not be a range stapler.

Brick85 answered his own question, I don't use thumbtacks just because they are just too tempting of a target.

Some advice from an experienced hand. Don't put said hand behind the cardboard when you are stapling targets to it.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by frkelly74 View Post
    Some advice from an experienced hand. Don't put said hand behind the cardboard when you are stapling targets to it.
    I agree. It'll sure ruin a day at the range.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12