MidSouth Shooters SupplyPBcastcoReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Wideners Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gun prices

Boolit Master

Our walmart had the savages on clearance awhile ago. Yeah brick seek is a nice tool. I was at walmart this eve. They had a few Remington bucket of bullets there in 22lr. I didn't buy any. Left them for someone who might not have any. I had my 770 for at least 10 years. The bolt handle is still on it. Now im gonna have to look at it closer lol.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Banned

through the years ive seen price increase when thing like this happen and in 99 percent of the cases when there over the prices stay high for good until the next crisis comes along and makes those prices look cheap.

Boolit Master
    Who cares? I have enough guns to last me and my family a lifetime. If you are just buying a gun now because you need one, then the inflated prices aren't much of a factor. Wait until after things settle down to buy more for the stash.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Master
    I sure wouldn't mind finding one of those $99 700's I ve got a spare BDL stock that needs an action and barrel

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by monadnock#5 View Post
    My favorite LGS sells .223, .45 and 9mm one box at a time and only with the purchase of a gun in the same caliber. They have all flavors of guns in stock EXCEPT tactical shotguns. Those disappeared 3 or 4 Mos ago.
    After selling out of self defense shotguns here, one LGS around here started sending the longer barreled shotguns out to be modified/cut to shorter barrels.

Boolit Master
    I went to the local GS after calling to find they had gotten some powder in. I got four 1# bottles of Unique at $29.80/#, and two 50 round boxes of CCI quiet .22 LR at $9.00/box. The gun prices, new and used with the exception of BP revolvers were higher than I would want to pay and they had quite a variety. Strangely enough, they have a new Pietta LeMat pistol on the shelf and I've read they're out of stock everywhere. At $1,200 I'm sure it will be there a long time, especially as there are no conversion cylinders for them. They had lots of various black rifles in stock. As I was checking out the guy told me he hoped I had primers because they hadn't been able to get any from their suppliers. Fortunately, I have a stash. GF

It may vary depending on the part of the country that you are in. There are no $99 dollar Remington 700s( or any other brand of CF rifle) anywhere close to here. There is a statewide gun buying/selling/trading online site that I dont even look at anymore due to the scalpers that think an entry level AR15 is worth $1100 and a Savage Axis is worth $500 now because liberals are buying guns because of rioting in liberal cities hundreds of miles away....not to mention those who want $40 per 50 for Wolf 9mm steel case. Even though I have no shortage of them, when the price at the stores drops back down and availability comes up, I will once again stock up on primers, .22 ammo, and shotgun shells. Rant over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    It may vary depending on the part of the country that you are in. There are no $99 dollar Remington 700s( or any other brand of CF rifle) anywhere close to here. There is a statewide gun buying/selling/trading online site that I dont even look at anymore due to the scalpers that think an entry level AR15 is worth $1100 and a Savage Axis is worth $500 now because liberals are buying guns because of rioting in liberal cities hundreds of miles away....not to mention those who want $40 per 50 for Wolf 9mm steel case. Even though I have no shortage of them, when the price at the stores drops back down and availability comes up, I will once again stock up on primers, .22 ammo, and shotgun shells. Rant over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    yup ive seen the claims about cheap guns at walmart ect and used to run there every time i heard it and the "kid" behind the counter didnt have a clue about it. But a 100 dollar working new 700. Id have to see it with my own eyes. It sure wouldnt last long here. My wife would even be smart enough to snatch ever one they had at that price instantly. Ive got a 7mag on my short list and the wife was going to walmart to activate my track phone and i told her to look. She said they had exactly 3 guns. A 12 and 20 guage pump and a savage 270. So obviously there not having any problems there selling guns that would justify slashing the price to 1/5 the selling price.

Boolit Buddy
    Up here in Canada, its the same, gun prices have stayed creeping up constantly, with prices paid that would have been unheard of even a year ago. We have online auctions up here from several auction companies that I follow close. Since covid started they have all gone to online only, no in person bidding. I guess with more people closer to home and the general feel of things , guns and gear are hot buys. With the economy kinda screwy now and people moving around there is bargains to be found with people getting rid of stuff. There are deals to be had. Recently paid what the guy was asking. Got a scoped Savage 99 in 250-3000 for $325 (Take 25% off to equate to US prices) . Mind you this is not collector grade by any means and was not hard to spot bumps and bruises. If this was on the rack at alot of gun shops they would have been a heck of a lot higher.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Prices were actually pretty decent at our local show last weekend. I picked up a near pristine O3A3 for hundreds less than I expected. Another guy got a nice Kimber in unfired condition for $450.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    A few weeks back, I picked up a Baby Desert Eagle in 45ACP for $600.00. I've never been one for anything Desert Eagle but this is one sweet handgun. I might try to score one in 9mm if they shoot as accurately as this one does.

From my observations, it seems firearms in general are up. As others have said, the pandemic, riots and the presidential election all are a driving factor. I'm thankful I have what firearms I need, but will probably always be on the watch for a bargain. Who can resist a good deal, right?

In regards to the ammunition shortage. I think we all have an associate or two who just can't wait for the next big thing. Be it a handgun, rifle or shotgun, they just can't resist. They'll spends $1,000's over the course of a year buying new guns. Typically, they'll buy a box or two of ammunition for it, go shoot it and then stuff it in the safe. Suddenly, here we are living in times like this (again) and they're screaming bloody murder over finding ammunition for those same guns. The same goes for many of them who reload.

I will say this. Providing things get back to semi normal in the next 12-18 months, anyone who kicked, screamed and cried over prices like the ones we're seeing currently, best hold onto their hats, dig deep and learn the difference between NEED versus WANT before the next presidential election.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    I was back at the LGS today used AR's are now $1,600!

Boolit Buddy
    Nothing around here to be had.

Only one shop has ammo and guns.

Only reason is they closed for covid, don't advertise, and are only open on weekends.

It's funny to see people complain about 10 dollar a box of ammo and not buy it, just to watch them scramble to grab all they can get at a dollar a round.

Wonder if they do their investments the same way? Ya know wait and invest at market peak?

We go through this every 4 years of election.

I survived tbe 94 AWB the primer famine of 96 and all the other shortages to the point where I've not been caught short since the primer famine of 96 when klinton wanted a shelf life on primers.

I'm well stocked and running the dillion now. Somewhere between 90 k + primers left and spent from Sept last year till July loading 556 12k of it.

As soon as they locked us down in March I did a powder order.

All this allows me to still burn anywhere from 500 and up rounds at least once a month.
    Sometimes I'm lucky and get out 2x a month to practice.

And teach my youngest to shoot single action with powder puff 38's

As a reloading forum I'm pretty sure most here were/are setup likewise.

But ya no sane person would pass a 100 gun NIB. Wish I had them around here to buy.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    You would think firearm prices would go down since they are completely worthless being there is no ammo in stock anywhere to shoot them for non re loaders. Expensive caveman clubs.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    when the price at the stores drops back down and availability comes up
    If Biden wins, that will never happen but only get worse. The Biden Harris website states that they will ban online sales of firearms and ammunition. That likely includes reloading components. Be assured that if they win, it will likely be due to fraud and all down ticket elections will follow suit meaning a complicit house and senate.

IMHO 2020 will have nothing on 2021.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12