RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 350 Legend and AA11FS - a story of popped primers

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mehavey View Post
    H110 & W296 are the same powder.
    Ejector brass flow/marks are evidence of hitting high 60s'/70ksi

Take care... surprises are bad juju at those pressures.
    I realize. At least todays powders.

Also to the marks. Shows NOT infallible QL is a GUIDE!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

NOT infallible QL is a GUIDE!
    QL self-admits to having trouble w/ straightwall cases.
    My solution is to load at ~80% Max desire Pressure, compare chrono vs predicted, and adjust burn rate.

When pressure SPIKE, however, nothing is going to predict that anomaly (by definition) -- loader forewarned is forearmed

postscript:
    CAUTION: This post includes load data generated by calculation in QuickLOAD software based on a particular powder lot, the assumption the primer is as mild as possible, and assumptions about component, chamber and gun geometry that may not correspond well to what you have. Such data should be approached by working up from published starting loads. USE THIS DATA AT YOUR OWN RISK. Neither the writer, Cast-Boolits nor the staff of CB, nor QuickLOAD's author nor its distributor assume any liability for any damage or injury resulting from use of this information or information derived from it.

Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    I have yet to experience spikes from H110/296.... But WOAH Lil gun can give them!!!

I had some over pressure 296 loads myself. Not severe just hotter then I like in a AR.

What where primers 44? I use 450's nearly 100% accept for subs. (No need to waste them there)

I backed off what QL said was 54K load. Yet I still had some extractor marks and one primer fell out in my hand picking up brass. But it was a marked case. When I seat a primer and its looser then others generally I just mark brass and use it one last time. So Im not worried for the primer falling out. (Not seriously anyhow)

I like H110 but generally for what ever reason 296 is more common and last I bought a jug it was 296 on the shelf. So thats what I have.

I have t had luck with 2400 in this caliber. But 4198 is proving good as is RL7, With cast. 296 for jacketed.

CW
    I'm using winchester wsr primers. I was "rationed" 200 cci 400 primers from the gun store this weekend. I'll try them out for future reference.
    WWG1WGA

Banner Sponsor

The powder review I read about A11FS said that is was not supposed to have the same partial fill problems that 296/H110 does. I picked up a jug of A11FS to try in the 450 Bushmaster, just haven
    t gotten around to trying it yet.
    The good thing about 296 is that it has a fairly linear/ predictable pressure curve even when you get to compressed loads.
    LiL-Gun can give huge pressure spikes with a small increase in powder charge. It jumped velocity way up with a .5gn increase in the 450 and had brass flow into the ejector hole. I switched to CFE BLK and got the velocity I was looking for without the brass flow.
    I would think that maybe A1680 or RL7 might give good performance.
    CFE BLK might work well with your heavy bullets.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    I'm using winchester wsr primers. I was "rationed" 200 cci 400 primers from the gun store this weekend. I'll try them out for future reference.
    CCI 450 MAG primers are the "rule" for me in the Legend. I using alot in the 450 Bushy as well. (Much thicker cups).

I have t tried this powder. I have seen it and will grab a can next time I do.

For the Bushy AA9 & 5744 RULE THE ROOST @ my bench!! Best accuracy and top velocities!!

Im 100% with ya on Lil gun. I have it in the Powder Magazine.... but it dont come out much. I have a brandy new sealed pound thats gonna get sold/traded @ my clubs swap meet next month!!

CW

Boolit Master

Loaded three mini IMR 4227 ladders today. Using Remington 150 cl, Hornady 180ssp & 165 ftx.

The powder shot well with a couple cast.

CW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12