Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OK....This is not a rifle...anyone own one?

Boolit Master
    I keep a single shot 12 ga in our unheated barn with slugs for bear and BBB loads for unwary. local geese that occasionally fly by at treetop level. Where we used to live, I used it for ducks on the river from my small kayak. Any shotgun heavier would cause the kayak to swing plus wobble making passing shots tough.

Sounds like a trip to local pawnshops and gun shuops are in oreder.

Look for somthing with a broken / cracked stock. That you can screw back to gether and glue some leather around it.

Fuctionailty not looks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I've always had at least one old H&R since I was 11 and that was a long time ago. Nowadays the kids use them or they're carried while working around the homestead. Chamber adapters and those little mini shells have really given those old guns lot of versatility.

They're also one of my go-to's when my back is being gimpy.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey35 View Post
    Sounds like a trip to local pawnshops and gun shuops are in oreder.

Fuctionailty not looks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    We found an H&R Trap Gun for $175 a few weeks ago. Pawn Shops are the best places to find them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cargo View Post
    We found an H&R Trap Gun for $175 a few weeks ago. Pawn Shops are the best places to find them.
    Wish I had found that. Good score.

Boolit Mold

An advantage of break action shotguns, single or double barrel, is that they can easily and rapidly be converted to shoot multiple calibers in addition to their manufactured caliber by use of drop in caliber adapters. There are multiple vendors selling caliber adapters, the most prominent is arguably the Short Lane adapters (gunadapters.com). Drop a caliber adapter in your break action 12 gauge shotgun and instantly convert it to shoot another caliber shot shell (16 gauge, 20 gauge, .410 gauge) or rifle/pistol caliber (.22LR, 9mm, 38 Special, 45 Long Colt, 45 ACP, etc.). Great flexibility for a UTV or truck gun.

Boolit Master
    I have a couple of the Spanish made shotguns, from the late '70s and 80's, they are inexpensive, shoot well, and are holding their own.
    A Rossi and a Noble. both are SxS

Boolit Master
    There are a zillion store-brand pump guns floating around out there, and because of their fixed choke barrels, odd brand markings and overall lack of panache they're worth very little. Most are based on Stevens, High Standard or other proven designs and are strong and reliable guns. I'd prefer almost any of them to a single-shot for your application, especially for defense purposes.

Uncle R.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle R. View Post
    There are a zillion store-brand pump guns floating around out there, and because of their fixed choke barrels, odd brand markings and overall lack of panache they're worth very little. Most are based on Stevens, High Standard or other proven designs and are strong and reliable guns. I'd prefer almost any of them to a single-shot for your application, especially for defense purposes.

Uncle R.
    That is a very good thought. Thanks
    Don Verna

Without the pump vs single, the market is full of $100-$200 pump shotguns. I get them on trades all the time. My favorite beater shotgun was a Savage 220 12g single shot. Came from local PD when I bought all their confiscated weapons. Was 16”, illegal. I was going to trash the barrel but saved it by putting a Cutts choke on it. Naturally had to go whole hog and put sights on it. Kept FC tube in it except for deer season. Never carried it deer hunting but shot several coyotes with slugs.
    Had a cousin cry until I traded it to him. It has a very distinct sound.

I've got a friend who has a 20 ga Savage with a Poly choke in his pool house for shooting Herons trying to get his bass fingerlings and another one with a fixed full choke at his Coy pond and another one yet in his golf cart. He loads buckshot for the otters at the Coy pond, #6's for the Herons and heavens knows what for the golf cart. He is a lot like most of us, in that he has a gun problem! The old bolt guns are sort of nostalgic for us old geezers who grew up hunting small game with them but they work as well today as they did then.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    A Mossberg 500 is never a bad idea !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123