Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
Load DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Repackbox

Thread: Anyone slugged their bores on these 357 levers?

Banned

Anyone slugged their bores on these 357 levers?

Winchester/miroku 1892 in 357 mag.
    Uberti 1873 in 357 mag.
    1980's Browning 1892 in 357 ( also interested in the twist rate for these, not much info out there)

Would be very interested to hear any measurements.

Boolit Master

Winchester says
    short rifle is 26 inches
    trapper is 18 3/4 inches
    carbine is 18 3/4 inches
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shdwlkr View Post
    Winchester says
    short rifle is 26 inches
    trapper is 18 3/4 inches
    carbine is 18 3/4 inches
    I said twist rate on the browning. Cant seem to find many references to it online.

Boolit Master

strange but your original post asks about Winchester/miroku 1892 in 357 mag. first one listed even
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Explain twice for me? Nope, never owned a 38 in those calibers
    Regards
    John

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shdwlkr View Post
    strange but your original post asks about Winchester/miroku 1892 in 357 mag. first one listed even
    The first one listed doesnt have the enquiry about twist rate, just the browning. Hope that relieves the strangeness of the matter.

Banned
    Ah I see the mods are deleting my replies again without indications why. I said to Ed Harris the atmosphere here is not what it used to be, and suggested I correspond on survival boards instead. Thats me done, I will leave you to your devices.

Cast Boolits Owner

Yes, we have deleted a couple of your post because they were in bad taste. I brought back one of the "zingers" (yep, we deleted it) where you suggest a collector who spent $745K on a gun be burglarized and pistol whipped....

Quote Originally Posted by mickbr View Post
    .....Was talking about the guy who bought a 745,000 gun and in my opinion he should be pistol whipped up and down his driveway by a burglar. I'll tone it down from now on.
    Any post such as the above will always be deleted.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    as far as slugging bore. ive yet to do it, ever. my passion is lever guns. I size bullets as large as possible as long as they will chamber and there is a lube size die. in 357 mag gun I size to .360 which chambers with no problem in starline brass, 44 mag I would like to lube size to .432 but larges die I can find is .431, 45 colt I only have one lube die and it is .454.

Boolit Master
    my win trapper bore is 357.i had a squib load so i pushed it out and measured it .i only size gas check boolits to 358 ,plain base i shoot as cast.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    I would like to lube size to .432 but larges die I can find is .431.
    Buffalo Arms sells larger sizing dies. I have a .433 die from them and I've been very happy with it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mickbr View Post
    Ah I see the mods are deleting my replies again without indications why. I said to Ed Harris the atmosphere here is not what it used to be, and suggested I correspond on survival boards instead. Thats me done, I will leave you to your devices.
    Mick I am just a bystander but the tone of your reply to shadowalker suggests an attitude readjustment needed - aussies use the language differently than them in the north - you likely mean no harm by talking straight but it takes on a whole new and dangerous meaning as it crosses the pacific. Sense of humour is different too, aussies get subtle jokes (like the english) americans need to be hit over the head to get it. Mate of mine form over there summed it "we are two like countries SEPARATED by a common language"