Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: Looking for sks and 1917 enfield stripper clips

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar

Looking for sks and 1917 enfield stripper clips

What other rifles are they universal in so help me in my search? I just wanted to try a couple in my guns to see how they work.

I'll be happy to gift you a couple of each. As for the 1917 Enfield strippers, as far as I know they used the very same clips as did the M1903 Springfield. Unfortunately, the Govt. didn't place much value on them, and they were made very cheaply and not designed as well as Mauser strippers. The U.S. version had little tabs over both ends to retain the rounds in the clip, and they just pushed out of the way when the downward thumb pressure was exerted on the top round to push the rounds into the magazine. Sometimes the tab broke off right then, but if not it almost certainly did/does when you reuse the clip, refill it with cartridges, and then try to bend the tab back again. In other words, they were considered disposable. The SKS strippers, as far as I know, are used only for SKS rifles, but perhaps there is some sort of an adapter to use them for AK-47 type rifles. I do not know for certain-- but SKS rifles is all I've ever seen them associated with. Of course, the SKS originally had a 10 round magazine, and the strippers hold 10 rounds. I don't believe you'd find them satisfactory with 5 round or 30 round magazines. An interesting note: the 1917 Enfield actually holds 6 rounds, but the clips only hold 5. PM me your mailing address and I'll get a couple of each out to you next week, probably Monday.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Thank you! I figured it would be fun to try them out old school.