Inline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWideners
RepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: Little Dandy rotors with CFE Pistol powder.

Boolit Buddy

Little Dandy rotors with CFE Pistol powder.

I use the Little Dandy system exclusively for pistol. I want to load a quantity of .45 acp with 230 gr lead bullets, using CFE. RCBS, as best as i can tell, has never updated their rotor charge table to include this powder. Has anyone here used this powder this way, and what rotor number was closest to a standard load pushing the bullet to about 825-850 fps?

Boolit Grand Master
    I haven’t ever used CFE powder, but if I want to use a powder for which I have no chart, I pick a rotor that seems like it ought to be close, then find its size by actually weighing charges, then go up or down as needed until I find the one closest to my ideal charge... I like to write down the charges I confirm in case I need them later.

Sometimes I can go into charge tables for other measures and get a hint as well by transposing known powders to the newer ones RCBS doesn’t show. If you don’t have a bunch of charts laying around, this may not be possibility... just one more reason being a pack rat is not always a bad thing!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    I haven’t ever used CFE powder, but if I want to use a powder for which I have no chart, I pick a rotor that seems like it ought to be close, then find its size by actually weighing charges, then go up or down as needed until I find the one closest to my ideal charge... I like to write down the charges I confirm in case I need them later.

Sometimes I can go into charge tables for other measures and get a hint as well by transposing known powders to the newer ones RCBS doesn’t show. If you don’t have a bunch of charts laying around, this may not be possibility... just one more reason being a pack rat is not always a bad thing!

Froggie
    Tell that to my wife!
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    Tell that to my wife!
    Well of course being a lifelong bachelor does make some difference!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Banned

I like the Lil Dandy and use it a lot, but I'd never trust that chart without double checking against a scale. I've found it off enough several times that I would check and it's easy enough to find the rotor that does what you want and then write it down.