Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chamber Checker

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    Welcome. Just like everybody else I had to learn, just a few years before you (30?). For one gun I thought I needed a cartridge gauge and fought one trying to get my handloads to fit. Then an old reloader asked me "do they chamber in your gun?", they did and I put the gauge in a drawer, somewhere...
    Mdi,

Man thanks for your input again, When I said I was new to the reloading scene I mean with the AP press and all that added accessories. I did hard reload back in the early to mid 70's by hand with a Lee base hand loader. At that time don't have a lots of money or free time to play, but sure don't remember the loading process was that hard, LOL. We didn't have internet back then.

I was loading a 38 spl and some 223 for my mini 14. just got a small hand loading hammer and a handbook off we go. never check anything just load and go shoot. Maybe I was lucky nothing bad happen while shooting the reloads. But now retired have little time while locked up in the house, and have some spare change watch too much YouTube, so things get a little complicated haha

I guess sometimes too much info can hurt or help you, in my case now I want to check everything before I go and do some paper destroying.

But Thanks to everyone for all the input.

Boolit Master

I use the EGW 7 hole gauge to check my 45 ACP and 9mm loads.

The rejection rate on the 45 ACP is way less than 1%. Maybe 1-2 in a 500 round batch.

The 9mm rejection rate is just a bit higher. Around 2-4 in a 500 round batch.

I have multiple firearms in each cartridge. If they fit in the gauge the ammo will work in all of my firearms.

Since I shoot competition I want to eliminate bad ammo.

Using the seven hole gauge is a lot quicker than using a barrel.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    I use the EGW 7 hole gauge to check my 45 ACP and 9mm loads.

The rejection rate on the 45 ACP is way less than 1%. Maybe 1-2 in a 500 round batch.

The 9mm rejection rate is just a bit higher. Around 2-4 in a 500 round batch.

I have multiple firearms in each cartridge. If they fit in the gauge the ammo will work in all of my firearms.

Since I shoot competition I want to eliminate bad ammo.

Using the seven hole gauge is a lot quicker than using a barrel.
    Thanks Burnt Fingers,

That is the info I am looking for. I don't shoot competition but I just want to make sure my reloads will work with all my 9mm guns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12