Snyders JerkyLoad DataRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: Linotype for Life

Boolit Buddy

Linotype for Life

Came into some moola this summer and said "Oh, what the heck. I only have twenty five years left in the ol' genetics". So I bit the bullet as it were and ordered a pallet of linotype from rotometals. Now I just have to get back to the States to use it. Can't wait for Mr. Trump to shut down Iraq and Afghanistan so I can sit on the front porch and chuck rotten tomatos at the neighborhood kids and sit on the back porch casting little shiny objects to chuck at, um, paper targets. Now were did I put that Krag?
    Last edited by 6mm win lee; 09-11-2020 at 02:20 PM.
    Fifty years a lawyer and you still look down your nose at your fellow citizens who study and know law better than you. Every
    citizen is an attorney.

Banned

Well done!
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

That's a pro move for sure! Wish I was brave enough to do that, but I plan on moving in the next two years, and that lead stuff is heavy....
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

Boolit Grand Master
    The key to a lifetime supply is a bullet trap. I have less than $100 invested in mine. I have 4000 lbs of alloy.
    Don Verna

Banned

I had 10 yards of sand brought to my house years ago in the mid 80's. I let my friends come and shoot any time they want! The lead stays here in my sand! I had a friend over today showing a customer how his M1 Thompson works. I got a few extra pounds of range scrap today!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    The key to a lifetime supply is a bullet trap. I have less than $100 invested in mine. I have 4000 lbs of alloy.
    Got at pics or info on this bullet trap? I'd love to make one but just haven't figured out the best way yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    That's one of the reasons I'm moving. Can't shoot here in the city...
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

Banned

a pallet of linotype?? You wallet has to be much larger then mine!

Boolit Buddy
    Rotometals had a pallet of traditional style lino pigs for 2.20 a pound in addition to their usual ingots at 3.50 something a pound. All this is doable when the mortgage and credit card debt is paid off for six months. It is not too much different from spending on a nice rifle and high end scope.

Now to take care of my monthly silver purchase of twenty ounces.
    Last edited by 6mm win lee; 09-14-2020 at 09:11 AM.
    Fifty years a lawyer and you still look down your nose at your fellow citizens who study and know law better than you. Every
    citizen is an attorney.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 6mm win lee View Post
    Rotometals had a pallet of traditional style lino pigs for 2.20 a pound in addition to their usual ingots at 3.50 something a pound. All this is doable when the mortgage and credit card debt is paid off for six months. It is not too much different from spending on a nice rifle and high end scope.

Now to take care of my monthly silver purchase of twenty ounces.

Since 2000, I have been buying $500 worth of silver boullion or scrap coins every month. My wife has been playing the stock market with a "wealth advisor". I am ahead 2:1. There will never be a day when my physical silver is worthless as many stock certificates have become. Sorry for the thread drift. Keep buying that silver. Please PM me with the name of your favorite dealer.

Congrats 6mm, $2200 or so for a lifetime supply of A+ casting alloy sounds pretty damn good to me. I hate the work of range mining, wheel weight separating and then buying alloys to mix for Linotypish alloy.

Boolit Grand Master

Thats a nice purchase! I hope you get to come home soon.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks fellas! I can quit any time, work that is, but as long as I can still fog a mirror and the Congress insists upon foreign undeclared wars I will stay over here and work on force protection equipment looking over the young guys. And if I kick the bucket I know a certain grandson who doesn't know he will the owner of twelve hundred pounds of linotype. It'll suck to be him when he goes to move it. Hmmmmmm. Maybe I should give him the house too so he has a place to store all of it.

I'm all for saving 1300 bucks on any thing. I say take the plunge and make an order if you have the money, not credit card "money" because paying interest is dumb, and set yourselves up for the lean times.

https://volunteerpreciousmetals.com/
    citizen is an attorney.