WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's 9/11... Who else forgot?

Boolit Master
    I talk to guys in their 30s that have a childhood memory of the event. I'm in my sixties. I was at work when it was announced over the radio.
    In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton

I was a cop and was asleep after a grave shift, my girlfriend at the time woke me up to tell me that a plane had crashed into one of the towers. I assumed it was a small, privately owned Cessna or something to that effect until I made it to the TV and obviously saw what it was. I sat there watching in disbelief as the other plane hit the second tower, my disbelief changed to anger, border line rage and a deep sadness, two of the most extreme emotions that I ever dealt with at the same time.
    That night at work is the most surreal thing I have ever experienced to this day. I got off shift, packed my alert bags knowing that my Guard unit was going to be activated, two weeks later we were called back on active duty orders for just over a year.
    My memory is pretty bad about most things but that time in history will be etched into my memory until I crater, that I have no doubt about.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123