Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's 9/11... Who else forgot?

Boolit Master

It's 9/11... Who else forgot?

I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't even realize or think about it until about an hour ago.

Such a horrific event that is seared into my mind for the rest of my days, and I didn't even realize that it was here.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm sure anyone who is a real American, remembers where they were when it happened.
    I was at home, on the computer and watching TV.
    To say I was MAD, would be a gross understatement.
    Mad at who, I didn't know.
    I still get upset when I think about it.
    Remember, obummer said it was our fault.

Boolit Master

At the time was on 3rd shift. Asleep on the couch. My dog barked at the UPS man on the porch, woke me up. Retrieved my package and saw the first tower burning on FOX. Then the second plane came in. Lots of people killed, and more about to meet their Maker. Sorrow, sadness and the sure knowledge that my world, your world, everyone's world will never be the same.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Master
    There are those who would say its up to American to remember that incident, I would dispute that, as it is a world wide horror that must be remembered by all. I also know exactly where I was at that moment. Yes even we in Australia will also live with the horror of this day, I like many others here believe it would never have happened under a Trump Presidency. Regards Stephen

Boolit Master
    I had slept in that morning & received a call from my sister about the first plane hitting the the tower. I was watching the news when the second plane hit the south tower. There were many heroic acts that day. Under the mutual aid system emergency personnel were activated in the entire NYC metro area. I think every emergency response agency was activated within a 75mile radius of NYC. As to not deplete all the resources in one area as equipment and personnel responded to the scene other departments were dispatched to fill the voids created. Although we were not dispatched to the scene one of our engines were relocated to a department further south. On Sept 14 the day of President George Bushes speech, I responded with my department to the scene of Ground Zero in relief efforts. The roads & highways were blocked by abandoned vehicles left during the attack. It was a damp morning with lite rain, the smoke thick in the air, ash 1"-2" thick covered every horizontal surface. We had to walk about a mile into the scene, the roads leading to Ground Zero were lined with people thanking us, cheering us on and offering food, water ect.The devastation was massive, something out of a apocalyptic movie. We worked for several hours before the President arrived and were dismissed after his speech. There were fire departments from all over the country that came to come help the recovery efforts. The effort was grand, steel workers and heavy equipment operators that spent weeks and months removing the debris along with thousand of firefighters, police and EMS. Many companies trucked in water, generators, lighting ect. to help as well. Once again the streets were lined with people cheering, thanking us, giving us food, water, snack packs prepared by children with thank you notes and crayon drawn pictures.
    There were many hero's some died the day of the attack, some died days, weeks even years later from the effects of the attack. I am fortunate, the rain kept thing settled and I was not there long. I am not a hero but please remember the ones that were!

https://youtu.be/x7OCgMPX2mE

https://journalstar.com/news/nationa...758fb8f64.html
    Last edited by NyFirefighter357; 09-11-2020 at 07:03 AM.

Banned

I didn't forget, but it seems all the new agencies did.

I rode the motorcycle in to work that morning so didn't get the news until I walked into the office and an NCO told me. We all stood around a TV, the second one hit shortly after. It was funny, I had been stationed on Fort Riley for several years by then, and couldn't believe that they could shut that place down so fast, but I drove right on like always and it took me two hours to get back off when I left, armored vehicles, crew serveds and Soldiers in full kit at every gate checking IDs coming and going. My boys were still little then, went and picked them up at elementary school, felt a little better after that.

We went to get fast food that evening and stopped for gas. I'll never forget it but there was a guy there who was washing everybody's windshields and generally just helping anybody anyway he could and saying God Bless, just some guy trying to be a good friend and neighbor and I think that reflected the mentality we had for a while, sure wish we could get that part of it back.

Boolit Master

the reverend J Wright, Obama's "pastor" blamed it on us too. He said "our chickens have come home to roost". Bengazi was our fault too. Guess we just can't do anything right. I didn't forget. I was at work that day, my clients filled me in all morning. It's also my youngest daughter's birthday.

Boolit Master
    Forget? ....... No way!

I was saddened by how fast the left regrouped into hating POTUS Bush and began obstructing however.

The continued response from enlightened folks, the rise in recruitments and desire to serve, the attention to responsibility and following through and a million other acts of heroism and bravery that have followed these atrocious acts of terrorism gives our nation hope and resolve.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Buddy

Never forget, I watched it all unfold sitting in a hotel room in Paso Robles, Ca. We overnighted there flying a B-25 to Reno for display during the air races. My dad was fishing off Sandy Hook and saw one the jets fly right over head. Had no idea what was going on till he got back to the ramp, it was being used to evac people out.

Boolit Master

I was listening to Howard Stern on the radio. When he announced it. On a side note i hope my wife don't realize today is the 11th. She has a tendency to go on and on about stuff.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Buddy

All Americans are the militia. D.C. v. Heller, SCOTUS, 2008.

Of the four hijacked airliners, one did not reach its intended target. Why? The militia.

On flight 93 Americans stood up together, with violence and righteous indignation, against evil men. What they did is exactly what the American militia does. They were not authorized, deputized or armed by their government. There was no age or gender restriction. No multi million dollar weapon system brought down that deadly guided missile bound for God knows where. The American citizen, the militia, brough down those terrorists and thwarted their evil plan.

May the words, "Let's roll!" forever strike terror into the hearts of those who plan evil.

Thank God for the militia.

“If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan

I was driving to Fort Worth for my first radiation treatment for bone cancer when the news of the first plane hitting was reported. At that time they thought it was an accident like when the plane hit the Empire State Building long ago. As I pulled into the parking lot, the second plane hit and things were starting to be figured out. I prayed in the parking lot, and was so proud when a visiting minister led ALL of us in the waiting room in prayer for our country. If anyone had said an anti USA statement to me that day or months afterward, I would have needed to buy new crutches. As long as my memory works, I will never forget that day.

Boolit Master
    On that morning , I was @ my desk in the NJ plant. one of the men came in and said " a plane crashed into the tower." everyone went outside . Our plant was just across the River in direct line with the Towers from the rear view. We are watching the Tower burn, Then we saw the other plane from our right. We remarked how low the plane was flying. We saw the second plane hit the back side of the tower. We were there in silence , until both Towers fell before our eyes.
    Then the dust swept crossed the river. The awful dust blanked the cars and the building Several people i knew and friends of people died That day
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Buddy
    I didn't forget. I just wish we would have retaliated decisively. Maybe we would have taught our enemy a lesson that could have prevented some of the attacks later. Our lives would be better if we would remove vermin from this earth.
    "EXPERT= Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure" Unknown

Boolit Grand Master

Some things you can never forget .

We under estimated them ... and paid the price !

Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I got to work unknowing . I lived in a hole basically devoid of radio reception . My 20 min drive happened in the first 30 minutes after the first hit .
    I walked into our office and was told of the first plane and not long after one of the guys wife called telling him about the second in an hour we were shut down and sent home on admin leave . We reported each morning as security got more and more strengent and were sent home again . 9-10 days in we got the first NG and at 2 weeks their gear was all in . I worked for a gov contractor on a facility at the time .
    The 5 min per truck in and out every gate was a hassle but I guess needed even 40 miles from nothing .

Shortly after we went home I went to my buddies house with satellite TV and saw all of the wreckage from about 30 minutes before the collapse . I remember very distinctly the break to the White House and the call from Yasser Ariphat stating that he and his nation had nothing to do with the attack and that short of man power and supplies anything we needed was available . It struck me because he dominated the news when I was small next to right wing leftists in So America .

The coming days weighed heavy on me as a VFD member . At the same time I marveled at WE as Americans all pulled together and were ready to go after those that were responsible ..........
    While I have no use the the event or losses of this day I'd give anything to have just half of the pride , unity and the America that all rose up together and drove on in the hunt for the next 2 yr .

I was surprised by my Grandmother and great Aunt's reactions to the events and how their rage was so tempered , they were not far outside the gates of Pearl in 41' and my Aunt ran a triage in her living room . I suppose that after events like USMC Baracks , USS Cole , and a dozen others that temperance becomes a sign of grace . The fire was still there though .

I've found that my rage has been replaced with sorrow . I mourn for what we were then . The way we have been driven apart and told we shouldn't want for justice because it revenge we're seeking . Mostly it's the idea of it being our fault "some people did some things" that has broken me down I think .

I pray those souls lost might find peace and rest and that those truely responsible for so much death might be judged accordingly .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Banned

It's 9/11... Who else forgot?

I remember the Saudis were complicit in those attacks and we still sell them weapons.
    I remember our response was to go after Iraq which had no ties to the attacks of 9/11/01. Nor did they have weapons of mass destruction.
    We’ve now spent an entire generation in Afghanistan; some of today’s current military men and women are sons and daughters of those who first stepped foot in that foreign country.
    I also recall our government seizing the opportunity that crisis provided by passing the oxymoronic Patriot Act which did absolutely nothing to make the United States more safe from terrorists but instead launched a massive attack on the Constitution by suspending select parts of our Bill of Rights, which continues today in the form of illegal executive diktats from local, state and federal government officials in response to a false pandemic.
    I respect those whose memories are of lost loved ones at the time of the attacks on NYC, the Pentagon and Flight 93, nineteen years ago. However, I lament more the loss of liberty and consolidation of power into the hands of the dangerous few pretending to represent a free population today. We are not free, we are not prosperous and we are subject to the whims of an authoritarian government hell-bent on controlling every damn one of us, and they won’t stop unless we demand an end to their totalitarian authoritarianism.
    Yeah, I remember 9/11, all right. I also remember a freer America on September 10th, 2001. Goodbye, USA...hello, USSA.
    R/Griff

I was at work, she called, said a small plane crashed. Went to another room with small TV and 5 guys around it, several ex-military. Saw that second come in and knew what was going to happen. You could feel the rage in that room! Her nephew was in Reston that day, immediately got a rental and drove straight to Dallas. One of my nephews was in NYC, woke up and couldn't figure out why all the noise. Put the flag out this morning.
    Whatever!

Boolit Grand Master

I didn't forget, put Stars and Stripes at half-mast at dawn.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master

On this day 19 years ago I was visiting some friends in another state agency when one of the employees brought over the video of the first tower and we watched the second tower get hit. The agency I worked for we had a close friend in NYC to meet with others that worked in one of the towers. What saved him was as he was about to enter one of the towers he remembered he had forgot to get a special coffee that he could only be obtained in NYC. He went to leave and a police officer was pushing people in and closed the door just before a huge cloud of dust and who knows what went past. They heard what had happened over the TV in that store. Never will that day be forgotten by me it was my generation's Pearl Harbor Event. Prayers to all lost on this day
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast