Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fire is upon me, prayers please

Fire is upon me, prayers please

Friends,
    Yesterday I was force evacuated from the property I live on in the mountains Oregon. I had to leave all of my reloading equipment, one of which was a new Dillon 550 and 7 diesets, bullets, many thousands of brass, casting equipment , and my clothing as well as my daughter's clothing and memories and a life of memories between us as well as all my schoolbooks. Tonight, I received a phone call from a friend that said the fire is moving fast and a mile from away. My child and I are safe but living in a pop up camper in an rv Park but soon to be at a local community College with nowhere to go because rv parks are aren't cheap. I am numb. I feel selfish that I find myself thinking about the reloading equipment and all the memories of the how I got into the sport.
    I am humbled that the Lord blessed me/us with life and a means via the camper to exist.
    Worse part of of all this is that reports see coming in that many if not all most of the fires are being internally set by the "protesters" and that is vile.
    Prayers please. I know I should be crying but I have no tears in me.

Bullfrog
    BullFrog

The Lord is my rock and my salvation

Joel 2:28-32

Boolit Master

I feel for you, knowing personally folks suffering from the devastation. My nephew and niece are in Medford and were evacuated, they are fine. Their grand parents were as well and their home was destroyed, which was in a trailer park for seniors they managed. Their truck and camper survived but everything else was lost. My brother and I were going to head from Crescent City to pick up the nephew but they closed the highway.

Niece made her own plans, their parents drove down from the Bend area to get their son. His place is fine, but as a young man, he doesn't have much he can't replace, save his firearm. As he had just moved to a new place he stored his firearm in a safe not at his apartment. Other than that, he has no worries. If the road is open, we might go over the hill to see if we can help family and friends there.

The smoke and ash has been horrible on the coast as the several fires in Nor Cal/SO OR are plentiful. This morning, the ocean breeze was pushing the smoke and ash inland leaving the air filled with fog, not smoke, for a few hours. It was a refreshing change from yesterday. My brother and I are both Amateur Radio Operators, Retired LEOs, and pretty much preparedness fanatics. As far as stuff goes, nothing is irreplaceable, but plenty would be missed. Still, we are not at risk.

A few years back, the Wife had to pack up the CO house valuables/documents/heirlooms as the evacuation area reached to the end of our street, 4 doors down. My neighbor's parents were evacuated but they were prepared. 350 homes were lost in that fire. Fortunately, the neighbor's parents house was spared. I don't know if my property in Bonanza is at risk, but it is just acreage. It would still be a shame of the neighbors there were at risk.

I learned a long time ago, stuff is just stuff, the lives of family are far too precious to be concerned with stuff. Having the peace of our faith sustains us as we know there is no obstacle placed before us that we don't have the strength to bear, as we know from where I strength comes. My prayers are with you.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Master

God bless you and keep you!
    Amen
    Gun control is not about guns.

Boolit Master

May you find Gods peace in all this. You and your daughter are in our prayers.

Cast Boolits Owner

Hang in there Bullfrog. It may seem bleak now but it’s God’s plan and he will carry you through.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Praying for you and yours. This is devastating.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Prayers sent for you, your neighbors, and the firefighters.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Prayers sent to you and all !

Boolit Master
    I pray you will have peace beyond understanding as you go through this, I ask this in Jesus Name Amen.

USMC 77, USRA 79

prayers sent bullfrog.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Prayer sent for you and your family . Many are going to suffer great loss in these fires , my heart goes out to you . GOD will open doors for you .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Hang in there , You can replace what you lose but please stay safe with your daughter. We are praying for you all!

Thank you for the prayers. I believe that put entire country is at risk and this here should be a warning. No planes are or helicopter fighting this ones here by Mount Hood.
    We have to move our camper today because of the smoke and and ash here. God bless you all.
    BullFrog

The Lord is my rock and my salvation

Joel 2:28-32

Boolit Master
    Let us know your needs.

Boolit Master
    hope all you folks out west stay safe.

Boolit Buddy
    You and your kid are in my prayers, Bullfrog. As are all affected by these fires.

Boolit Master

Prayers sent
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Hello, Bullfrog-- so you're up by Mt. Hood? I live down just south of Chemult. If you need a place to stay you're welcome to come down here and hang your hat for awhile. I can hook you up to power and water, or since it was 30 degrees this morning you and your daughter would be welcome to stay in the house with me and my wife. We have a small extra bedroom with two twin sized beds in it. We're on 4.6 acres, but have two other parcels as well, one 3 acres where there's power and maybe water, and a third that is 5 acres with lots of privacy but no power or water. Whatever would suit your needs best. You can PM me for directions if you'd care to come down. I will pray for your safety and that your home is spared.

Prayers for all affected. In recent times, almost all fires in your part of the world were/are intentionally set. Some are accidental, very few by nature. Unfortunate, but true.
    Things can be replaced. YOU have the memories, that is all that matters. Be safe, God Bless.

If you lose your reloading stuff I would be willing to pitch in and get you back right again. Please keep us updated! Prayers be with you. You need other stuff let us know.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast