Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: Shell catcher

Boolit Grand Master

Shell catcher

Anyone know of a good shell catcher for............
    M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, Rashid, Hakim, SKS...............
    I have a net I use shooting off the bench, but looking for something to use while standing.
    Just wondering.
    Since this chinese virus started, haven't been to the range.
    Just hoping to have something when all this ********** is over.

Look at larrys set up here. ya might pm him
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...+carbine+brass
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Master

Not for standing as I have found the gun mounted bags melt with the hot brass.
    But on the bench a 1$ clamp and a welded large fish tank net have works very well for me as cheap makeshift.

At my range we make fold down bag/deflectors between each station for Bullseye. They are about 12or14x24" And swing down or up so are out of the way when not in use.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Grand Master

I use one of the Caldwell nets on a tripod. I have not had brass melt the netting yet. But it does stick to it. I will buy another if it melts. It’s a lot quicker and easier to setup than a tarp. And I can use it if other people are at the range unlike the tarp.

Boolit Master
    I just let them hit the ground, pick up what I can find easily, and then use a metal detector to find the rest. I tried spreading a tarp out on the ground, but those empty shells do not all go in the same direction.

Boolit Master
    If you have a place to set it up & leave it,, a friend showed me one he built. It was for catching brass while standing. He built a frame out of PVC, about 8 ft wide, and 8 ft tall. He used a piece of cloth as the catch area.
    It's hard to describe,, but here goes.
    If you have ever seen a dinner plate display stand, think of the shape of the 2 arms. Slender at the top, and wide at the base. With a "dip" to set the plate in. Well, the case catcher was built like a wall, with each end shaped similar to the plate holder. It allowed the cloth to hand from side to side 8 ft wide, and it hung loosely like a wall until it was near the bottom. then the drooping portion caught the brass, and the bottom edge of the cloth was closer to the shooter by about 2 ft, and elevated from the "droop" creating the trough to collect the brass.
    Think of a wall, of cloth, yet the bottom is the catch basin, and doesn't hang directly under the top. Look at a plate display stand, think of taking it apart, and using the 2 pieces as the ends of the wall. I wish I'd taken a picture of his trap to share.

Now,, I THINK he may have made his catcher out of PVC so he could take it apart for transport.

Boolit Master
    E&L mfg. Has a lot of different models. Inexpensive too.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master
    For the M1 carbine just wear a ball cap with a large bill. The brass will drop on your face.....