MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found a Maytag ringer on my property

Kinda like cars with eyeballs in there rearend
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    Now yer talkin Ed!

My dad told me that’s where the saying came from “don’t get your tit in a wringer!”...and he told me my grandma actually did!!! Good thing there was a reverse on it.
    When I was around 4 years old, I got my fingers in one. Still have two badly crippled fingers!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    If you weren’t so fer north I’d come get it, but my wife wants a front stuffer.

Boolit Master
    If you weren’t so fer north I’d come get it, but my wife wants a front stuffer.

Boolit Master
    If you get the parts back and fix it it would be pretty cool.

There's a youtube vid with one setup with a small diesel powerplant, chuggin along nicely. For you offgrid folks, or if you're nuts about diesels.

Boolit Grand Master
    Did you know there used to be different attachments that replaced the wringer?

I saw a meat grinder once, it looked factory to me. It was at a two day estate auction, this guy had a collection of just about anything you could think of; 20-30 wringer washers, probably over a hundred tractors, you name it it was there.

Robert

Boolit Grand Master
    can't say if it's worth anything as far as money but if you use a lot of minnows it would be worth that
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I know I gave the junkman the ringer and it's sitting in his driveway but I think it's going to be more of a headache to try and get it up and running or just put back together and then just to find the right person to waste their money on it. I think my junk man will be getting it this afternoon.

Boolit Buddy
    That lid makes a great frying griddle for the campfire.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ringer_Washer_Lid.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	267481

Boolit Master
    One of those lids was my dads favorite frypan when hunting/camping

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Darn it shoulda kept the lid! I dropped it off at the scrappers house yesterday. Figured it wasn’t worth the trouble. The last truck load of of dumped junk went with it. Three garbage cans full of broken glass,bottles, and a lot of perfume bottles. Most had their plastic tops still on them and full of perfume. I also had ice fishing otter sled full of busted glass and rusted lids that I raked and shoveled into it. I’m sure there’s more under the dirt if started digging but I figured the weeds will grow over the spot. I might sprinkle clover seeds over it. I did find a deer rack in the rubble. Mice chewed off one side so I have half of a 4 pointer to display. I’ll hang it in the garage. I made the mistake of opening some of peppermint Smelling muscle relieve bottles and got it on my gloves. The smell gave me a gut ache. I believe most of the pile was from the 70’s and 80’s. There was an old late 60’s Pontiac lemans hood but it had a shotgun blast through it and all bent and dented up along with a couple of 1980 license plates, spark plugs, distributor caps, ...and you name it, all gone. Another thin off my bucket list I got done. There I another junk pile on top of my ridge that the previous next door neighbors dumped over a half a century ago. I’ll have to go through it next year. I know there’s an old TV up there with nothing in it. It’s like an empty shell.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 09-10-2020 at 09:28 AM.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Hmmmm . . . . . I'd be careful . . . looks like someone was "laundering money" on your property?

When I was in high school, Dad and I bought one of these old Maytags at an auction for $1.00. It worked fine and the wringers we're in good shape. We used to use it out in the shop to wash shop rags - but NOT in gas! -)

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Any redneck in Arkansas would be proud to have it.

Repaint it and put it on the front porch.
    It'll look great with a commode flower pot and '75 T Bird up on blocks in the front yard.

You can spot the rich people out there too--
    they have two '75 Thunderbirds up on blocks in the front yard.
    No sofa?
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12