WidenersSnyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: Richard Corbins LAT-35 swage press

Boolit Master

Richard Corbins LAT-35 swage press

I see Richard Corbin is now selling a new swage press called the LAT-35. It's design is similar Dave Corbin's CSP-1 with th swinging arms attached to the base plate rather than the top plate. Otherwise it works like the Walnut Hill. 7/8-14 dies screw into the ram & the top plate is threaded 1 1/2-12 with a 7/8-14 bushing. A reloading adapter and a punch holder are included. It's priced at $395 at that site we don't mention & may be cheaper if ordered direct. Richard no longer makes the Walnut Hill & this is it's replacement at a lower price. With the reloading adapter included it is even a better deal.

Bob
    Last edited by midnight; 09-08-2020 at 09:42 PM.
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Buddy
    I'll need to check this out,,Thanks OP !!!

Boolit Mold
    I bought one of the first ones a couple months ago. Been great so far and the price was right. Biggest downside with RCE is you likely can't special order any dies from Richard. I've been talking to him some and did pick up a set of new dies that he had already made but not sure I will get any of the other dies I was wanting. However, on that front, BTSniper is offering dies for the Walnut Hill/LAT 35 press.

Boolit Buddy
    One just sold on ebay for $450 and $30 shipping.

Boolit Master
    I just bought a refurbed Walnut Hill press from RCE. In fact, it arrived about 2 hours ago. For a refurb, it certainly looks new. Maybe I'll find some wear areas as I mount it but right now it looks super sweet.

I specifically wanted a Walnut Hill for no other reason than I liked the linkage being attached at the top plate. It is nothing more than personal preference. I'm quite sure the LAT-35 hauls the mail just as well and is cheaper to boot. I just liked the Walnut Hill's design more.

You need not worry about quality. Anything coming from RCE is built like a bank vault.
    [

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by AbitNutz View Post
    I just bought a refurbed Walnut Hill press from RCE. In fact, it arrived about 2 hours ago. For a refurb, it certainly looks new. Maybe I'll find some wear areas as I mount it but right now it looks super sweet.

I specifically wanted a Walnut Hill for no other reason than I liked the linkage being attached at the top plate. It is nothing more than personal preference. I'm quite sure the LAT-35 hauls the mail just as well and is cheaper to boot. I just liked the Walnut Hill's design more.

You need not worry about quality. Anything coming from RCE is built like a bank vault.
    I just love my Walnut Hill. Have not even looked at the new press because I can't see any way it would be better for me.

Boolit Master

I wouldn't mind getting one but I already have three Walnut Hills & and do not intend to swage commercially. I've always been impressed with Richard's design & workmanship so I have mostly Walnut Hill dies. Recently I needed a .416 point form die & had to order it from Dave since I didn't want to beg Richard. He probably would have declined anyway. Good to see he still has his hand in still. Wish he would make jackets again.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu