Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in hell?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by a danl View Post
    you're right, it is the Holy Spirit that will convince you that Jesus is God.
    So it the Holy Spirit has given you faith in Jesus, faith you will have. If the Holy Spirit has not then you won't have faith in Jesus. What moved the Holy Spirit to give you faith? What makes you special?
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    So it the Holy Spirit has given you faith in Jesus, faith you will have. If the Holy Spirit has not then you won't have faith in Jesus. What moved the Holy Spirit to give you faith? What makes you special?
    God does it all. Ephesians 1:4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him, in love.

Boolit Buddy
    Just because it was written the the bible does not make it the truth.
    that's why there is faith. you need to understand what faith is. Hebrews 11:1 now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Stick View Post
    Fun fact:

John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life..." Did you know that the gates leading into the temple were called “the way” (eastern gate) “the truth” (Nicantor gate) and “the life” (door into Holy Place)?
    Yes, I know that and there is much to be gained when studying the Hebrew roots of Christianity.

Accepting Jesus is the only thing we need to do to pass from Death to Eternal life.

Boolit Master
    Just because it was written the the bible does not make it the truth.
    If you don't accept the Bible as Truth then you will fall for any kind of lies and be deceived.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    then you are against reading the bible as prayer too as its just a book. How many times have i seen christian pastors preaching while holding up that book???? People that sit and pray in front of a statue of Mary or Jesus on the cross aren't praying to that object. There praying to Jesus or asking Mary to help them pray to jesus. No real catholic worships Mary. We worship God. We show reverence to Mary. She gave BIRTH to the son of GOD. Id say she deserves a bit of respect for that and the very hard job of raising the SON OF GOD. Just like my own mother deserves my respect.

I also chuckle at people that bash the fact we have a cross with Jesus on it saying thats wrong but a cross without him is just fine. That a statue of Jesus is wrong but a picture of him in your church is ok. A priest wearing his robes is wrong but your pastor wearing his 500 dollar suit is ok. Far as im concerned we are all Christians (at least i am) and i wont judge the way you pray and you do me the same favor in return. One things for sure. The bible (unless you think its not valid) clearly says its GODS job to judge and if you do you are disobeying God and he is very clear in that that is a SIN.

Never did understand why some feel the need to criticize other Christians over trivial little differences. Most of it comes from lack of understanding and alot of it from people that just have to put down others to make themselves feel superior. Some of these hatreds and prejudices have been passed down for generations. There are over a 100 different Christian faiths in the world. Comical how some think they are in the only right one. Most that talk like this are in those little fringe churches that are probably closer to be classified as a cult then a church. There are 1.2 BILLION people in the world that believe in my church and the way we pray. How many are in yours and share your opinion? There are protestant faiths that turn a blind eye to abortion and homosexuality. Churches were pastors become millionaires from money there people contribute. Many do it by twisting the words in the bible to convince gullible people they have the only way. If you want to correct someone why don't you start there. Because Jesus is the way and hell is real
    Lloyd

Touched a nerve there did I.

If my question offended you that much perhaps you should take another look at the queston and your answer.

As i still see it as worshiping a idol however you spin it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by a danl View Post
    that's why there is faith. you need to understand what faith is. Hebrews 11:1 now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
    So your salvation depends of faith in things hoped for and conviction of things not seen? But you seem so absolutely sure of it. That would be text book delusional.

Tim

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    If you don't accept the Bible as Truth then you will fall for any kind of lies and be deceived.
    It is hard to get away with lying to me. I will not believe you without proof.

Tim

It is hard to get away with lying to me. I will not believe you without proof.

Tim
    Tim

Based on the history of the chruch, the proved you were not a witch by drowning you.

So not sure i would accept any proof from a relgion that has a history of commiting Atrocities to prove that their religion is the correct one.

Heritic or infidel?

Boolit Master

Somebody asked me that once and I gave them an earful! What kind of a question is "Do you believe in Hell?" Do you really wanna take a chance at assuming there is no hell? Like Clint Eastwood asked the perp "Do you feel lucky-punk?" Yea, there could be another round in that gun and no, you don't want take that chance! If there is a Heaven, then yes, there is a Hell. How do I know? For one, I believe what the Bible says and two, I believe what the Bible says! The Bible is the word of God, and anything therein shouldn't be doubted. Remember, neither Heaven nor Hell is temporary.
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselhorses View Post
    Somebody asked me that once and I gave them an earful! What kind of a question is "Do you believe in Hell?" Do you really wanna take a chance at assuming there is no hell? Like Clint Eastwood asked the perp "Do you feel lucky-punk?" Yea, there could be another round in that gun and no, you don't want take that chance! If there is a Heaven, then yes, there is a Hell. How do I know? For one, I believe what the Bible says and two, I believe what the Bible says! The Bible is the word of God, and anything therein shouldn't be doubted. Remember, neither Heaven nor Hell is temporary.
    So are you going to drag your kid out to the city hall and stone her?

It is gods will after all.

Deuteronomy 22:20-21 ESV / 19 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful

But if the thing is true, that evidence of virginity was not found in the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones, because she has done an outrageous thing in Israel by whoring in her father's house. So you shall purge the evil from your midst

Or mabey what you mean to say is you belive that we must trust in our own belifes and not have blind faith.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey35 View Post
    Tim

Based on the history of the chruch, the proved you were not a witch by drowning you.

So not sure i would accept any proof from a relgion that has a history of commiting Atrocities to prove that their religion is the correct one.

Heritic or infidel?

I think you are confusing truth and proof with dogma and smoke and mirrors.

Tim

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselhorses View Post
    Why do you believe the bible is the word of God and how do you know that neither Heaven nor Hell is temporary?

I think you are confusing truth and proof with dogma and smoke and mirrors.

Tim
    Tim

I was agreeing with your point.

I just dont aee the bible as proof of anything.

I belive in the bible just as much as homers oddsy. And greek mytholgy.

The chatholic church did a fantastic job of coopting pagan holidays and festavials as thier own.

Christmass had nothing to do with jesus brith.

It was a celeberation of midwinter.

Easter was the spring festival.

Its all about controll

Boolit Master
    Rite on Christmas, wrong on Easter.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    Rite on Christmas, wrong on Easter.
    "Eostre was a goddess of spring or renewal and that's why her feast is attached to the vernal equinox,"

It also happens to coopt passover.

Boolit Master

Why do you believe the bible is the word of God and how do you know that neither Heaven nor Hell is temporary?
    Like I said, do you feel lucky? The Bible is the word of God because God inspired scholars, theologians and apostles to put it together. People doubt it's credibility but then they'll read the daily paper and believe it first before they believe the "good book". Folks believe in the stock market, take stock in the farmers almanac, believe the weather forecaster, etc. Kids wholeheartedly believe in that nickel or quarter they used to get when they lost a tooth and put under pillow. Every time you sit down in a chair you involuntarily have 'Faith" that it's going to hold you up. So why is it so cynical or a travesty to believe that "born again" Christians will have eternal life in Heaven and those who refuse to believe will be cast into the lake of fire? Don't get me wrong, I just don't "believe" because I don't want to take the risk, I believe in God and the cross Jesus died on AND His resurrection because I took a step of faith and was totally transformed into something I don't regret to this day! God has done some big time, fancy work in my life that otherwise wouldn't have happened without Him! After knowing God, things start coming together in a 'spiritual sense" and not secular. God has His own timing and DOES work in mysterious ways. Some people don't want to take that step of faith because they fear it's a "cult" and they won't be able to turn back. At any rate, God doesn't love you any less than anyone else! But there is a requirement to spend eternity in the "by and by", and that's simply to give our life to Jesus and ask Him into our heart. Jesus paid the ultimate price when He suffered and died for all humanity. It's the only hope we have to escape the "doom and gloom" of an ever so close destruction of this world.

Just say the following...

Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

You said in the bible that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus as my Lord. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved. Amen.
    Last edited by Dieselhorses; 09-19-2020 at 07:43 AM. Reason: add
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Banned

Lloyd

Touched a nerve there did I.

If my question offended you that much perhaps you should take another look at the queston and your answer.

As i still see it as worshiping a idol however you spin it.

ill let God judge me at the pearly gates. Not you. Ill pray to him to show you the path too.

Boolit Master
    Or mabey what you mean to say is you belive that we must trust in our own belifes and not have blind faith.
    ??? Are you feeling lucky; you aren't God and you have no grounds to say what He does is wrong so isn't "trusting in your own beliefs" the ultimate in blind faith?

Boolit Buddy
    So your salvation depends of faith in things hoped for and conviction of things not seen? But you seem so absolutely sure of it. That would be text book delusional.

Tim
    tim, stop believing the things you look for in your own head......read this..Ephesians chapter 2 verse 8 "for by grace you have been saved through FAITH, and this is not YOUR own doing; it is the gift of God." verse 9 "not a result of works, so that no one may boast."....this is why i believe and what i believe.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast