WidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in hell?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Well, the web is a single file activity so we all have to stand in line, don't we?

That sword cuts two ways. Its sharp back edge says you're certain that no one else can possibly know more about God than you - and that's really not true!
    Not only do you have to wait your turn. I can ignore you. Well, not you. You are too much fun.

I know that some people know more than me about God but I have not heard from them here. I might not know more than you about God or I might. Me, I am not done learning about God.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by a danl View Post
    yeah, you're right tim. all 66 of them.
    Those 66 are not all the books of scripture they are only the bible.

Tim

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    Those 66 are not all the books of scripture they are only the bible.

Tim
    those 66 are all you need for salvation, that's more important than anything in our lives

Boolit Master
    If God Almighty posted here, would you put him on ignore?

CS Lewis paraphrase:
    If it isn't real, who cares?
    If it is real, repent.

Wouldn't it be terrible, if you got the lake of fire, and realized too late Jesus could have, would have saved you. But no. You chose.

Boolit Master
    Not only do you have to wait your turn. I can ignore you. Well, not you. You are too much fun.

I know that some people know more than me about God but I have not heard from them here. I might not know more than you about God or I might. Me, I am not done learning about God.
    First, I'm not offended by waiting for my turn to be ignored, it goes with the territory.

Next, your version of a man-made "god" and designing your own path to him isn't new, it's as old as Cain.

God has put dozens of messengers in front of you but, like the deceived souls of old, you persist in turning aside and sneering at truth; you call spiritual good bad and bad as good.

It seems you have been "done learning about God" for a very long time. You know the truth but stubbornly reject the narrow path to God while you happily cling to the broad road to hell and invite others to go with you; that's truly sad.

So.

I was wondering. Mabey this should be a new topic but..

The bible states and this fourm not to worship false idols.

Yet alll throuhougt christianty you pray to a cross. Pray to mary. Have idols of crosses and statutes of jeuses about.

How is this not praying to somthing other then god.

And should you go to hell becuase you do?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey35 View Post
    So.

Yet alll throuhougt christianty you pray to a cross. Pray to mary. Have idols of crosses and statutes of jeuses about.

pray to and in the name of Jesus only. not to the cross and not to mary. mary never told anybody how to live . Jesus did so that makes it easier (i suppose) to go to mary for some. remember, God is a jealous God and rightly so. remember what the bible teaches about false teachers.

Boolit Master
    Ok, many here tell me to believe Jesus is God made man who performed miracles including rising from the dead and they also tell me they know that hell is real.

A person can't just wake up one day and decide that they will believe those things. Belief is not something you can just turn on. Beliefs are formed not chosen.

I don't believe in Newton's laws of motion because they were written in some book. I believe because I have tested them and they worked. Do I believe in the current theories of subatomic particle physics? No, I think they are just that theories, ideas, almost certainly to be revised.

Some say that you should believe in hell because if it is not real who cares and if it is real you better cling to Jesus. Neither of these ideas can save me because God would know what I really believe not what I say I believe. Actually God would know me as a hypocrite who believes one thing and claims to believe another.

I believe what I believe because it is what I believe. I try to learn more but here all you get is Bible interpretations which for more than 40 years have had now effect except exposing the hypocrisy of some Christians.

I wish someone here really knew God and could help me see what God wants without resorting to the Bible. I know a couple things. There is but one God, the creator of everything. That God wants us to love one another and make the world a better place. I don't know if there is salvation. I don't know if there is a hell. Neither of those are certain. I think anyone who is certain of those things is fooling themselves. If there is a salvation, I think good people will have a better chance than just any person.

Tim

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by exile View Post
    Do you believe in a literal hell?

Is the idea of hell a biblical concept?

Is the idea of hell as an actual place discussed in the New Testament? How about the Old Testament?

Would a loving God send anyone to hell?

Did Jesus talk about hell?

What do you think?

exile
    Down on yer knees and out with your wallet! Back in the day you could pay the church to secure your spot in heaven. There is no Lake of fire but I did have a few beers once at the Lake of Fire tavern.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Quote Originally Posted by a danl View Post
    pray to and in the name of Jesus only. not to the cross and not to mary. mary never told anybody how to live . Jesus did so that makes it easier (i suppose) to go to mary for some. remember, God is a jealous God and rightly so. remember what the bible teaches about false teachers.
    Just a quick thought. What i see is peoploe who pray to a stautue of mary.

Pray to jesus on the cross.

Wave the cross as a holy relic a symbol.

Yet none of those things are god.

The symbology in chrsitanty i have found to be hyporctical and against worshiping idols. Any idol.

It amazes me that people look at jesus on a cross and think yes he died horribly.

Why not see what he taught not how he died.

The catholic church is the worst offender of this.

Boolit Master

The symbology in chrsitanty i have found to be hyporctical and against worshiping idols. Any idol.

It amazes me that people look at jesus on a cross and think yes he died horribly.

There are many Christians who have this very view, after all even the scriptures say, "God is a spirit and those who worship him must do so in spirit and truth". I sometimes find it disturbing how much time and energy is devoted to Christ birth and death vs his life and teachings. So, examine Christ teachings. If you find them full of faults, go in peace, if you find them worthy of following, then follow them.
    Personally, if you came into my home, you would find no religious indicators except a few bibles and religious books, no pictures no crosses no figurines. When I pray, I pray to God, through Jesus, as I believe I am my own priest, and Jesus is my High Priest that lifts my prayers up to God. I celebrate all holidays as secular in nature, not religious. Christians are even warned in the scriptures about keeping certain days and calendar events. So follow what you will and remember, all following leads somewhere.

Boolit Master

Yes, the trappings of religion as opposed to loving God. Too much focus on the material things and ornaments and not enough on proper thinking and acting. Wishing not working.

Tim

Banned

So.

then you are against reading the bible as prayer too as its just a book. How many times have i seen christian pastors preaching while holding up that book???? People that sit and pray in front of a statue of Mary or Jesus on the cross aren't praying to that object. There praying to Jesus or asking Mary to help them pray to jesus. No real catholic worships Mary. We worship God. We show reverence to Mary. She gave BIRTH to the son of GOD. Id say she deserves a bit of respect for that and the very hard job of raising the SON OF GOD. Just like my own mother deserves my respect.

I also chuckle at people that bash the fact we have a cross with Jesus on it saying thats wrong but a cross without him is just fine. That a statue of Jesus is wrong but a picture of him in your church is ok. A priest wearing his robes is wrong but your pastor wearing his 500 dollar suit is ok. Far as im concerned we are all Christians (at least i am) and i wont judge the way you pray and you do me the same favor in return. One things for sure. The bible (unless you think its not valid) clearly says its GODS job to judge and if you do you are disobeying God and he is very clear in that that is a SIN.

Never did understand why some feel the need to criticize other Christians over trivial little differences. Most of it comes from lack of understanding and alot of it from people that just have to put down others to make themselves feel superior. Some of these hatreds and prejudices have been passed down for generations. There are over a 100 different Christian faiths in the world. Comical how some think they are in the only right one. Most that talk like this are in those little fringe churches that are probably closer to be classified as a cult then a church. There are 1.2 BILLION people in the world that believe in my church and the way we pray. How many are in yours and share your opinion? There are protestant faiths that turn a blind eye to abortion and homosexuality. Churches were pastors become millionaires from money there people contribute. Many do it by twisting the words in the bible to convince gullible people they have the only way. If you want to correct someone why don't you start there. Because Jesus is the way and hell is real

Boolit Master
    Look again Lloyd; they make no claim to be Christian.

Boolit Master
    John ch14 v6
    Jesus said to him " I am the way, the truth, and the life! No one comes to the Father except through Me.

How sad that so many will not accept this simple truth.

Boolit Buddy
    Ok, many here tell me to believe Jesus is God made man who performed miracles including rising from the dead and they also tell me they know that hell is real.

A person can't just wake up one day and decide that they will believe those things. Belief is not something you can just turn on. Beliefs are formed not chosen.

I don't believe in Newton's laws of motion because they were written in some book. I believe because I have tested them and they worked. Do I believe in the current theories of subatomic particle physics? No, I think they are just that theories, ideas, almost certainly to be revised.

Some say that you should believe in hell because if it is not real who cares and if it is real you better cling to Jesus. Neither of these ideas can save me because God would know what I really believe not what I say I believe. Actually God would know me as a hypocrite who believes one thing and claims to believe another.

I believe what I believe because it is what I believe. I try to learn more but here all you get is Bible interpretations which for more than 40 years have had now effect except exposing the hypocrisy of some Christians.

I wish someone here really knew God and could help me see what God wants without resorting to the Bible. I know a couple things. There is but one God, the creator of everything. That God wants us to love one another and make the world a better place. I don't know if there is salvation. I don't know if there is a hell. Neither of those are certain. I think anyone who is certain of those things is fooling themselves. If there is a salvation, I think good people will have a better chance than just any person.

Tim
    you're right, it is the Holy Spirit that will convince you that Jesus is God.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    Down on yer knees and out with your wallet! Back in the day you could pay the church to secure your spot in heaven. There is no Lake of fire but I did have a few beers once at the Lake of Fire tavern.
    all that is false teaching, run from it.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    There are many Christians who have this very view, after all even the scriptures say, "God is a spirit and those who worship him must do so in spirit and truth". I sometimes find it disturbing how much time and energy is devoted to Christ birth and death vs his life and teachings. So, examine Christ teachings. If you find them full of faults, go in peace, if you find them worthy of following, then follow them.
    Personally, if you came into my home, you would find no religious indicators except a few bibles and religious books, no pictures no crosses no figurines. When I pray, I pray to God, through Jesus, as I believe I am my own priest, and Jesus is my High Priest that lifts my prayers up to God. I celebrate all holidays as secular in nature, not religious. Christians are even warned in the scriptures about keeping certain days and calendar events. So follow what you will and remember, all following leads somewhere.
    amen to that.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    John ch14 v6
    Jesus said to him " I am the way, the truth, and the life! No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Fun fact:

John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life..." Did you know that the gates leading into the temple were called “the way” (eastern gate) “the truth” (Nicantor gate) and “the life” (door into Holy Place)?
    “If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    John ch14 v6

Just because it was written the the bible does not make it the truth.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast