Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in hell?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by a danl View Post
    so, then, what does "unto the ages of ages" transfer to in your words.
    A long time.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Stick View Post
    "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness," - 2 Timothy 3:16
    Do you understand what you are saying? You are saying that you believe the bible was written by God because the bible says so.

Also think about the meaning of Scripture

Scripture, also called sacred scripture, the revered texts, or Holy Writ, of the world’s religions. Scriptures comprise a large part of the literature of the world. They vary greatly in form, volume, age, and degree of sacredness; but their common attribute is that their words are regarded by the devout as sacred. Sacred words differ from ordinary words in that they are believed either to possess and convey spiritual and magical powers or to be the means through which a divine being or other sacred reality is revealed in phrases and sentences full of power and truth.

I actually believe that God caused all scriptures to be written. Every thing that is is the work of God. In that way the Bible is no different than any thing else ever written.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    i know the greeks didn't speak english. so the original wording would translate to our words in english, correct?
    Not correct. Because of the differences in languages some things can't be translated. Also, we are not talking about Greeks, we are talking about the peoples of Palestine. They spoke and wrote Greek if they were at all educated as it was the common language of the region and we are talking about the Greek language as it was then, not as it is today. Even the Romans in the region spoke Greek.

The idea of forever, infinity, something with no end is a more recent idea not an ancient one.

Tim

Boolit Master
    .....The story of Lazarus and the rich man is not a parable. It is a fact. No parable identifies the subjects by name. That’s what makes it a... parable.
    That is not true:

Parable:

A parable is a succinct, didactic story, in prose or verse, that illustrates one or more instructive lessons or principles. It differs from a fable in that fables employ animals, plants, inanimate objects, or forces of nature as characters, whereas parables have human characters. A parable is a type of metaphorical analogy.

Take Hansel and Gretel as an example.

Tim

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    Not correct. Because of the differences in languages some things can't be translated. Also, we are not talking about Greeks, we are talking about the peoples of Palestine. They spoke and wrote Greek if they were at all educated as it was the common language of the region and we are talking about the Greek language as it was then, not as it is today. Even the Romans in the region spoke Greek.

The idea of forever, infinity, something with no end is a more recent idea not an ancient one.

Tim
    do you believe that God has always existed from eternity past and will exist into eternity future ? i do..

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott.M View Post
    No, but I don't believe in heaven either.
    so you're an unbeliever ? that's not good !

Boolit Master
    I am no Greek scholar
    long ago I wanted to know
    why the versions were different
    Apparently Satan did it.
    Over at BibleHub you can find Strong's KJV and read the Bible in Greek, find the slippery words, compare translations. Don't worry about pronouncing Greek, they had four dialects, they could not agree either. No capital letters, punctuation, spaces between the words, or verses.

AION (our eon) translates age or world
    KOSMOS (the TV show) translates world

EIS TON AIONA Hebrews 5:6 translates forever

Google speaks Greek
    punch in "translate aiona"

Boolit Master
    Gee, I thought I was answer a question asked. Not sure where I stated I was an unbeliever, other than being an unbeliever in heaven and hell.
    Scott, I'm old and getting a bit slow, help me a bit --- seems you're not an unbeliever and you believe something but not God's heaven or hell. So I wonder, what do you believe?

Boolit Buddy
    In God. Pretty simple.

I think heaven/hell is entirely man made. There is nothing as narcissistic as man, I guess believing in a mansion is the sky helps feed man's ego.

Whatever gets you through the day, but you don't see me questioning why others believe in a cosmic zombie named Christ.
    so, scott, you don't believe in heaven or hell: i would appreciate your input as to just why do you believe anything, since you have no future hope

Boolit Master
    In God. Pretty simple.

I think heaven/hell is entirely man made. There is nothing as narcissistic as man, I guess believing in a mansion is the sky helps feed man's ego.

Whatever gets you through the day, but you don't see me questioning why others believe in a cosmic zombie named Christ.
    "In god"? And you "think" we Christians are cosmic zombie followers ... but you on the other hand, are not narcissistic like we are; do I have that right? Well ... okay, I get it. I think.

I mean, you believe no one can possibly know more about God than you. I have to admit that's an interesting point of view, one we've only seen a few dozen times before; you're obviously too smart for me to question further.

I won't bother to ask what certainties you base your beliefs on, nor how you derived your unique knowledge about the spiritual things of God.

I truly hope you enjoy THIS life but ... remember, this life won't last forever!

Boolit Master
    do you believe that God has always existed from eternity past and will exist into eternity future ? i do..
    For as long as there has been time there has been God. Before that there was nothing, no God, no void, no time, nothing. God created all that is including God. I don't know how or if it will come to an end.

Why do you think that God will exist into eternity. If the universe collapses back into a singularity and disappears, what do you think happens to God? I am not saying that is what I think will happen but it is a possibility.

Tim

Boolit Buddy
    I'd like to ask why you care? I'm fairly certain if there is a heaven, you won't see it.
    you are a very confusing person, i'm sorry i bothered you

I do not belive in the hell and brimstone of the bible.

I bielve these threats are told by self rightious pious men who get off on condeming others for what they precive to be sinfull.

Do as i do, think like i think, pray this way or you will go to hell.

Its the same as muslium and all other religons .

Hell is about control and using fear of pain to control the sheep.

My op when you die you, will be shown your life and the suffuring you caused others. You will be made to know the pain you have caused.

And when you can forgive yourself. You will be free to move on to the next part.

Any god worth beliving in would not throw away a soul becase its stained.

The fact that we have bible thumpers stating that "it is writen, therfore must be truth." Need to read some scfi once in a while.

We humans have vivid imaginations.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey35 View Post
    And when you can forgive yourself. You will be free to move on to the next part.

And you feel that any god worth believing in must agree with you? Good luck with that!

True, very vivid imaginations. And nothing could display it better than the many rambling man-made "I think ... " posts on this thread.

Boolit Buddy
    I do not belive in the hell and brimstone of the bible.

I bielve these threats are told by self rightious pious men who get off on condeming others for what they precive to be sinfull.

Do as i do, think like i think, pray this way or you will go to hell.

Its the same as muslium and all other religons .

Hell is about control and using fear of pain to control the sheep.

My op when you die you, will be shown your life and the suffuring you caused others. You will be made to know the pain you have caused.

The fact that we have bible thumpers stating that "it is writen, therfore must be truth." Need to read some scfi once in a while.

i believe you are wrong on all you believe. christianity is the only way because our God is the only one that has risen from the grave. all other gods are still in their graves, or made out of stone that have ears and cannot hear or eyes and cannot see. and He (Jesus) is the one that told us what hell is like. if you don't believe Him then your hope is in vain.

Boolit Buddy

The last thing the devil wants us to belive in is heaven and hell, God and Satan, good and evil. The discussion here is not about pious proclamations by mere men, but men showing what God says in the Bible as an answer to who ask or doubt. Think of it like going to the instruction manual for the answer on how something works.

God is eternal. That is a difficult fact for us to grasp from a finite, human perspective. "Before the mountains were born, Or Thou didst give birth to the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, Thou art God." - Psalm 90:2

To cite what human scholars, experts, feelings, opinions and human beliefs say to refute The Bible is just what the devil wants. It is his "modus operandi". He has used it as a weapon for millenium. "Yea, hath God said?" (Genesis 3:1) The devil casts doubt, he misquotes what God says and he deceives people to drive a division between man and God. Christ came to reconcile mankind to God. (Matthew 18:11)

"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him." - Psalm 34:8
    “If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    ....To cite what human scholars, experts, feelings, opinions and human beliefs say to refute The Bible is just what the devil wants. It is his "modus operandi". He has used it as a weapon for millenium. "Yea, hath God said?" (Genesis 3:1) The devil casts doubt, he misquotes what God says and he deceives people to drive a division between man and God. Christ came to reconcile mankind to God. (Matthew 18:11)
    Well said; it's a case of the blind leading the gullible as they all follow Satan to his hell!

i believe you are wrong on all you believe. christianity is the only way because our God is the only one that has risen from the grave. all other gods are still in their graves, or made out of stone that have ears and cannot hear or eyes and cannot see. and He (Jesus) is the one that told us what hell is like. if you don't believe Him then your hope is in vain.
    Blind faith with-out thought is sad.

You are sad to codem another human just because they diagaree woth you.

You have proven my point, that you cannot hold a debate without condeming someone to hell to prove your point.

I do hope you feel better about yourself.

The op started this topic to ask our opinions on the subject. Wich i gave, you are free to disregard my opions as I am free to ingore yours.

Unleas you a muslim then you need to kill me as im a non beliver.

Last edited by flyingmonkey35; 09-14-2020 at 07:13 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Blind faith with-out thought is sad.

You are sad to codem another human just because they diagaree woth you.

You have proven my point, that you cannot hold a debate without condeming someone to hell to prove your point.

I do hope you feel better about yourself.

The op started this topic to ask our opinions on the subject. Wich i gave, you are free to disregard my opions as I am free to ingore yours.

Unleas you a muslim then you need to kill me as im a non beliver.

i'm not condemning you, it's God who will do that. i just can't understand where you get that false info from. i was really trying to guide you in the right direction but it seems i wont be able to. i'm sorry.. the bible warns of false teachers

Boolit Buddy
    I'm certain much confuses you. I answered a question asked. I didn't question other people's answers, I'm not sure why my answer causes you so much grief.

Again, I didn't question anyone else's beliefs, but you felt pious enough to question mine. God will have a problem with you. I hope you repent before you are cast to hell.
    apparently you do believe in hell or you wouldn't talk as you do

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast