RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trap gun?

USMC 77, USRA 79

i totally lucked into a first model 12g browning citori for around 400 bucks and all I can say is wow, that thing shoulders nice. steel rated.. quick... i have seen them on GB for 600 and sometimes less depending on wood... i sure like mine... might be worth a look for a first model.. but it will have less in the ways of adjustment.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    I’d say those are pretty good rounds with a SxS, they give me fits on trap! The pumps work well for casual trap and can win shoots with a good shooter on the trigger. Considering you already have a 37, give it a try and see if you are good with the single loading. M12s carry a bit more weight up front and are easier for me on trap, side eject is also easier to load. I’ll fumble one onto the ground, on occasion, with the 37. If you are considering doubles then you might still look into a nice Superposed ��
    I have to say, that was an unusually good evening for me. I do seem to do better when I'm the only one shooting, I had the range to myself. I like that little side by side, more than I really should, I suppose, but it's a cool old gun and I wanted to shoot what I hunted with when I started this.

Now I'm kind of thinking I'd like to start shooting trap. Started just to get better with a shotgun, but kind of like reloading and casting, what starts as the means to an end becomes an end in itself.

Moderator Emeritus

Start picking up hills at the range now. Be surprised how fast time goes. I have great memories trap shooting with my son for about three years. Great sport. We did a lot of ATA events.

Boolit Buddy
    For a nice looking and inexpensive gun check out the Remington 870TB and 870TC guns. I think the only difference is TB have pressed checkering and the TC have hand checkered stocks. But the ones I've seen have all had real nice wood on them. My sons both shoot trap on the high school team and I picked up a TB for each of them. Got each for just a bit more than $400 each. 1 I bought another buttstock for as the original was too long for my son. I bought a cheap stock and added a Graco recoil trap system to it. It is adjustable for length and angles. I went this route so as not to butcher up the pretty stock it came with.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123