RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mining lead

Quote Originally Posted by McFred View Post
    You don't want to have to pay for alloy, but you have the time and energy to go prospect, dig ore and smelt it? You're nuts.

I think you'd be better off finding a part time job and paying money for mail-order alloy unless you're approaching the project as a hobby/time-sink.
    I just got laid off and probably goin to work at a place i worked for previously. some of these places are asking 3$ lb + shipping THATS CRAZY. But i wouldn't mind spending my time out in the woods all day either
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Bummer about the job, but you should adjust your priorities if you haven't the income for alloy though.

I'd start thinking about catching the alloy you do shoot if you're going to lob artillery without more alloy coming in.

Boolit Master
    I've been curious about it myself, even though I have no intention of actually mining for lead. Galena, Illinois was once famous for lead deposits. Has to still be some there if a person wanted to work for it.

Boolit Master
    Run/ruin 'em with 220 Volts?

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Even at $3.00/# I would never thing about the back-breaking task of mining galena ore, smelting it, flotation separating it, and retrieving it. Just not worth the physical work and personal health risks.

Look for the link on here to the "lead processing" film from the 1930's. It will really put off the actual process you would have to do.

Just buy it and "bite the boolit" so to speak.

I see COWW's in ingot form on here for sale that are very inexpensive! And also pure ingot Pb. Buy it and forget the "true" ore smelting process your are contemplating.

Or use commercial FMJ's like I would seriously do!

banger

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozark mike View Post
    I just got laid off and probably going to work at a place i worked for previously. some of these places are asking 3$ lb + shipping THATS CRAZY. But i wouldn't mind spending my time out in the woods all day either
    I think you would be better to building a way to catch your lead. Those are some big bullets and it's going to take a bunch to stop them.

I like the reasons why you are willing to do this. Message me your address and I'll send you a heavy package.

You may not be able to smelt out lead ore but you will probably learn a lot and have fun in the process.
    The old timers did it, who knows? You just might be successful!

Boolit Master
    357 tells you how easy it is too do

Boolit Master
    Go to the next everyday riot that is scheduled in your area, find the out of town cars and busses that the Soros paid rioters came in an pry the wheel weights off of them.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    Go to the next everyday riot that is scheduled in your area, find the out of town cars and busses that the Soros paid rioters came in an pry the wheel weights off of them.
    Heck with that. Slap Trump/Pence stickers on their vehicles. Then order lead from the Swappin & Sellin forum or Rotometals.
    Fifty years a lawyer and you still look down your nose at your fellow citizens who study and know law better than you. Every
    citizen is an attorney.

Boolit Master
    I tried that....the WW were all Iron and zinc!

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post

Boolit Master
    Check out the history of lead. This old video shows how Led ore was Converted to lead https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...C7&FORM=WRVORC

Boolit Master
    The lead mines in Missouri are about 45 miles away from me. They have been mining there since the 1600’s
    Last edited by Jniedbalski; 09-08-2020 at 12:35 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Yeah, they have had it before they even had gunpowder, maybe back then you could just pick it up off the ground, they even talk of using lead in the bible, it's hard to believe the technology was all that great back then

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lizzard View Post
    Yeah, they have had it before they even had gunpowder, maybe back then you could just pick it up off the ground, they even talk of using lead in the bible, it's hard to believe the technology was all that great back then

Bill
    Ya dont watch much history channel i assume according to some of these crack head college edumicated nitwits aliens were everywhere back then sharing all there super duper tech im suprised they didnt have nukes

I was thinking lead ore found in natural deposits the range here is ran by morons so i dont go there. Most of my county is a shooting range anyways cause 95 percent of it is wilderness and national forest. Example every thing in green is national forest not including state landsAttachment 267313 and this is what most of the county looks likeAttachment 267314
    To heck with the lead,just put me back on a horse in that wilderness like I was back in 1999. Was packing into the Bob Marshall for 10 days back then and I never felt so much freedom or seen so much beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Static line View Post
    To heck with the lead,just put me back on a horse in that wilderness like I was back in 1999. Was packing into the Bob Marshall for 10 days back then and I never felt so much freedom or seen so much beauty.
    Jus dont end up like the other tourists and become critter fodder cause everything will eatya around these parts

Jus dont end up like the other tourists and become critter fodder cause everything will eatya around these parts
    While eating our lunch by a beautiful falls, a pretty young girl came upon us ,lost, and wanted us to put her in the right direction so we pulled out the topo and showed her. She had been backpacking by herself for three months in the wilderness. We mounted our horses and headed in the direction she had just come from and a Grizz crossed the trail just ahead of us. I'm an old combat paratrooper but I am not even that brave.

Ive lived out there for a few months twice but i was a little better shape then now my knees are shot so that makes walking up hills fun to say the least. First time i done it i had nothing but a 22 revolver and a 20 gauge stevens single shot with a full choke that was my grandpa's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast