WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: Foldable wagons.

Boolit Master

Foldable wagons.

The one club i belong to. The parking is about a 150 yards from the range, And the trek out to range and back. Is hard on my back. When carrying a couple rifles and range bag and a sand bag.
    Im looking at a wagon that folds up. I don't have a pick up to haul a regular wagon. Anyone ever use one of these?
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tra...ping/293655532
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Buddy
    Depending how much gear you have I suggest you consider a good used golf bag cart

We use them to haul gear around a sporting clays layout if we have to walk. If you can find one with bigger wheels get it. Costco has the one I have.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    I generally have the same situation, i think most do. i use a similar but all metal. Works ok but the walk is not
    Just take it slow
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master

Go to your favorite Internet vendor and look for cheap baby buggies. Seriously. Buy one, strip it down, and customize it the way you want it. Milk crate, pvc tubes, rifle scabbard, whatever you want. Check out the price of a range buggy from Champions Choice, and you'll really fall in love with the idea.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

I bought a luggage rack from the thrift store for a few dollars and zip tied a piece of thinner plywood to the bottom. It works okay but I only have about 10 bucks in it, and it sure beats carrying everything.

Boolit Master

I found a better one at walmart tonight. It has bigger wheels on it. And was 40 bucks on clearance. And it has some weight too. Should be sturdy. Im going to the gun club tomorrow and try it out. Thanks for all the replies.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

the jogging strollers work good.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master

Yes them Jogging strollers are nice. I had one for my kids. It was easy to push on gravel at the flea markets.
    One round at a time.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    A few years back, I bought a 4 wheel wagon at Tractor Supply - it basically had small balloon tires on it and the bottom and sides were made from expanded metal. I bought it to haul around a small portable sprayer tank that operated on 12 volts behind my John Deere lawn mower. It was light, moved around easily on the floor of my shop and flat ground - but - behind the lawn mower it flipped over several times when I got on the inclines - I stopped using it. If you go with a 4 wheel wagon - checkin out good as far as if it is tippy with weight in it if you have to pull it anywhere that it ay be at a sideways angle.

I also would opt for a good 2 wheel golf cart - the wheels/handle fold for going in the back of a truck or SUV. Years ago, I saw some nice set-ups using a golf cart when I was shooting N-SSA. IIRC, they had it so they put a shooting box on the bottom and then could put two or three rifled muskets vertically - secured for moving. The larger wheels made it easy to go over anything from grass to dirt to stones.

Boolit Grand Master

I have converted several golf carts to use they work well but are limited on weight, The last one I even converted to use 2 20" bicycle wheels in place of the 10" wheels. this allowed the base plate to be moved down and the box to sit lower. Worked very well even on high power rifle ranges and rougher terrain. Things to look for are the foot print. wider is better for stability. construction heavier materials and joints means fewer repairs and last ease of set up. I mage one from 3/4 conduit and all machined parts. It heavier than standard golf cart but put foot on base plate and pull handle it s open. Slide box on base plate and sit gear in place and it ready to roll. This had a ball on the handle so it could be pulled behind my mountain bike on ranges. The bike made it easy to go from line to pits leaving the cart on the line.

For awhile Tubbs used a vart that was electric and followed him. He only had to wear a little box and the cart followed him walking.

Ive seen the fold up wagons and they work but arnt as handy as the carts set up to do this. I would really recommend finding what you want and then dedicating it to the task and modifying for what you want. A fold up wagon with the sides attached with stake pockets would be nice as rifle racks could be made to replace the sides. Leaving the bttom open for other things. But the wagon will also take up more room at the firing line than the golf cart.

Ive also seen a homemade wheel barrow made that the handles folded together. It worked well and would set on the back floor between the seats.It also used a bicycle wheel up front. It had a ( from memory and estimate) 2 1/2' by 3' platform for gear. this sat on when the handles were open locking them in place and Gave a stable means to move gear but required both hands to use.

Boolit Master
    The nicest one I saw was a converted 3 wheel baby carriage. The wheels were about 16 inches. There was a gun rack and lots of storage. A Super Range Bag.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

Tried the wagon out today. Worked out great. My 2 rifles and range bag and sand bag i put in it. Wife carried my spinner target though. Im going to get a tote to put it in. That way it wont cut the fabric.
    One round at a time.

Boolit Master

One might find a "Double Duty" in using a Folding Deer Game Cart with Big Wheels that is rated at 500 pounds. Such as:

https://www.amazon.com/LDAILY-Foldin...0JFSC4YXY9NYS4
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

My neighbor has a deer cart. I should get one too. It would be a lot better for my heart. Last year after dragging my deer out. I had chest pain for a week. Cardiologist ran an EKG and troponin levels check. I was fine.
    One round at a time.