WidenersSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leather for PPC Shooting?

Moderator Emeritus
    Lloyd,

That doesn’t sound like PPC. Sounds fun though!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by garandsrus View Post
    Lloyd,

That doesn’t sound like PPC. Sounds fun though!
    ive shot ppc in a few places and they all very slightly in the way there shot.

Boolit Master

Use what you have or can afford

Quote Originally Posted by JBinBC View Post
    A "Patton" holster and a cartridge belt from El Paso. The belt won't hold Speed Loaders.

JB

JB,

What PPC I have done was with a Ruger, Security-Six,4"and with a mismatched rig, fancy doesn't get any bonus points. My cartridge belt was, a plain Hunter brand in brown and a Bianchi duty holster. If your belt has holes sized for 38 cases and space close together you can probably use speedloaders with it by sticking any two of the cartridges in two adjacent cartridge loops, that's all I ever did. I got to be fairly good at the game, all I ever shot was the 1500 matches and by the time PPC died around here I was pulling 1420s with a box stock gun.

Great fun but now the defensive handgun games are all high speed-low accuracy games and attract worst arrogant jerks who laugh at people who want to try to bring PPC back.
    Literacy should not be considered optional in computer based communication.

Boolit Mold
    Hello All,

Apologies for the delayed replies. I've had my hands full. Thanks for continuing to share your thoughts/wisdom.

I did try the suggestion about sticking speedloaders in Cartridge Loops. It works just fine. I'll see if I leave any on the Deck going prone. I don't think I will.

I'm having some ear trouble at the moment, so I missed the October match. Disappointing, but I only get two ears, so I want to take care of them. They've suffered enough. I will let you all know how I get on when I do make a match.

Stay Safe All,

JB

Boolit Master
    My rig was Safariland that looked like leather (Safarilaminate I believe it's called) and was specific to the gun. It was basically an open front rig with a triple speedloader. My PPC revolver for open was a S&W K Frame, slab sided barrel, D/A only action job, and a Arisocrat rib. Still have it somewhere, though I haven't shot it in many years. It was my fault for the points I dropped...

Though I used my speedloader pouch off of the belt, I also would use my speedloader tray for kneeling and prone.

Use what you have by all means.

Boolit Master
    I shot PPC for 18 years. Our team went all over the U.S We shot at some of the best police ranges in the country. Made lots of good memories. One thing I will suggest to you is dry fire. Don't overlook it. Most think it is dull and boring but the benefits are worth it. I realize this has nothing to do with leather but I couldn't help it.
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12