Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: Wild turkey nuggets

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar

Wild turkey nuggets

I cut up about a pound of little one inch squares from part of one side of my spring turkey breast. I googled batter recipes and tried the “long john silver” batter. It was 3/4 cup of flour, 2 TBS of corn starch, a 1/4 tsp of baking powder, a 1/4 tsp of baking soda, and 3/4 cup of water. I left out the 1/4 tsp of salt since I brined my turkey breast in salt water. I should have added it and substituted beer for water to give it a little more zing. Mixed it all together till I had a thick batter. I dipped my pieces in flour first and then dipped them in the batter. I fried them up in my John Wayne cast iron pot using extra virgin olive oil since I was out of vegetable oil. Heated my oil oil up to 350 degrees and fried till golden brown. They turned out as tender as chicken. There wasn’t one piece left at the dinner table tonight. I dipped mine in famous Dave’s Sweet and zesty BBQ sauce and honey.

Looks good
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both