Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need a new single stage

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jaguarxk120 View Post
    If you want a new press then look very hard at a Redding UltraMag single stage press.
    I had one and did not care for the ergonomics. The linkages make things slow going, and the throw is really long. Very high quality press thatvisbtypical of Redding. I never did have a need for the leverage that it afforded since my Rock Chucker(s) could cover everything that I needed a SS to do. No way I would recommend a UM as a sole SS press unless case forming was a regular ordeal.

I have has 6 single stage press, and the current RC is the one I prefer.
    Last edited by Taterhead; 09-08-2020 at 08:00 PM.
    "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."
    ~Thorin Oakenshield

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Evoken View Post
    I was reading some reviews and some people are saying rcbs outsourced to china. Can anyone confirm this? If so they are out.
    I am definately looking at the Redding presses, does anyone know the difference between the big boss and big boss 2?
    This canard won't die. Here is the current box, and the friendly folks at RCBS will tell you if one were to call them.

The Big Boss II has a longer useable stroke and clearance.
    ~Thorin Oakenshield

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This canard won't die. Here is the current box, and the friendly folks at RCBS will tell you if one were to call them.

What I remember is that RCBS outsourced the press castings to China, not the finished product. Seems union labor costs plus government taxes and regulation costs are what drove most American jobs to China, et al.

If you're seriously opposed to out-sourcing American jobs I'd caution you to not look at the "Made In ..." labels on your computers, TVs, phones, small kitchen appliances, hand tools, etc.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    No , Clinton with NAFTA outsourced everything to China and Mexico.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    What I remember is that RCBS outsourced the press castings to China, not the finished product. Seems union labor costs plus government taxes and regulation costs are what drove most American jobs to China, et al.

If you're seriously opposed to out-sourcing American jobs I'd caution you to not look at the "Made In ..." labels on your computers, TVs, phones, small kitchen appliances, hand tools, etc.
    Man, I've seen all kinds of bad info, to include, that current Rock Chuckers say made in China on the box and that the frames on the "Supreme" versions are aluminum. I have debated the aluminum issue by inviting people over to my house and to bring whatever magnet they'd like. I've always sweetened the deal by offering a cold beer afterward.

No kidding about the product sourcing of our favorite gadgets -- particularly with reapect to tech. My S9 phone is made in Mexico, but mow doubt ladened with Chinese internals. My company is exploring how to limit supply chain vulnerabilities from Chinese sourced tech. Not many options!!
    ~Thorin Oakenshield

Boolit Buddy
    I hear you guys with the made in .... I try and buy as many made in usa products as I can. I know it cant or isn't all made here, I just go lit of my way to get what I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoken View Post
    I hear you guys with the made in .... I try and buy as many made in usa products as I can. I know it cant or isn't all made here, I just go lit of my way to get what I can.
    And this is why my next singlestage may be an ole hollywood. I would recommend to others to buy old castiron equiptment but theyd likely hang me from the nearest tree for recommending something that is 70 years old.
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Master

I use a 40 year old Rock Chucker. If I think I need more power I switch to my Walnut Hill swaging press.

Boolit Master
    I bought a Rockchucker in 1972, but use an RCBS A2 currently.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway

Boolit Master
    A lot of us over focus on great strength in a press. When any tool has all the strength needed for the work it does, any more strength is meaningless.

Old style "C" presses with simple toggles were all we had for a long time and they were as strong as we needed for reloading and they still are. The rush to more costly "O" presses with compound swinging toggle links simply reduced the pressure we have to apply to the lever to make them work as they are intended.

OK; here's the final confirmation that mine is entirely made in the USA !

Some of the parts are made by a shop in Chatsworth CA, and the rest are made by Me in Ojai CA !

Plus that I have "Made in the USA" Tattooed on the front of everyone !!! And I mean it!

Not a big fan of China right now, too many diseases there.

Attachment 267651

If anyone has any doubts about the validity of that statement they will get a BIG "GFY" from me!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post

Some of the parts are made by a shop in Chatsworth CA, and the rest are made by Me in Ojai CA !

Plus that I have "Made in the USA" Tattooed on the front of everyone !!! And I mean it!

Attachment 267651

If anyone has any doubts about the validity of that statement they will get a BIG "GFY" from me!

Randy
    Very nice looking mobile press.
    "Your only going to do that once" hahaha. Nice short video, looks super easy to use.
    If I decide i need a mobile press, I will look you up.
    God bless America!

Banned
    Redding T7.

Sold the Rock Chucker

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post

Attachment 267651

Randy
    I dont think anyone here ever doubted ya on youre equipment we all here know you make it. But alot of these large billion dollar companies that side with the burn everything campaign then accuse you of some kind of privilege (i make 20000 a year if im lucky)source most of this crap from china then cram it down our throat like we owe them. These are the people we need to scalp roast over an open flame and have a nice cold beer while they are screaming and kicking
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Master

Hrrrmmmm.……biden-burgers? Clinton fries??

Quote Originally Posted by Ozark mike View Post
    I dont think anyone here ever doubted ya on youre equipment we all here know you make it. But alot of these large billion dollar companies that side with the burn everything campaign then accuse you of some kind of privilege (i make 20000 a year if im lucky)source most of this crap from china then cram it down our throat like we owe them. These are the people we need to scalp roast over an open flame and have a nice cold beer while they are screaming and kicking
    Yes and the most heart breaking one of all for me was "Snap-On" When I found out they were having their hand tools made in China and still charging "Made in the USA" prices, it hurt me deeply.

Never buy anything from them again.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

Need a new single stage

Snap-off??

Boolit Master
    The EPA under the Dems forced much of our casting activities out of the USA.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fiberoptik View Post
    Snap-off??

Nice

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fiberoptik View Post
    Snap-off??

If you don't mind I'm going to start using that.

Steve in N CA

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast