Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: I need a Iver Johnson "Champion" top lever`

Boolit Buddy

I need a Iver Johnson "Champion" top lever`

I have agreed to fix a 12ga Champion top break single for a neighbor, it is missing the top lever in addition to several other problems. It is a family heirloom, he plans to make a wall hanger of it.

I figured it wouldn't be hard to find one of the top levers, they made many thousands of these shotguns. Can't find one anywhere!! There was one on ebay but when I tried to get it, vendor said it was sold. I have looked at Numrich, Jack First, Sarco, all the vendors I could find, no one had one. I emailed 6 parts venders who had IJ parts on ebay, none had one. I am reduced to making one from scratch with nothing to guide me with.

Now comes the question I need your help with. Does ANYONE have an IJ top lever they can measure up or get me a picture of one? I realize its too much to ask to take one out of a gun, its a hard difficult job. Even a length of the visible part would help with a measure of how thick it is. I have the plate it fits into so I can make that part to fit, I just don't know how it looks like inside the frame.

Anyone who can help I would appreciate it, I have no problem with the machining, I have lathe, mill and lots of files and Dremel tools!

Steve

Boolit Master

kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the reply, LUCKYDWAG13, first place I tried, they are out of stock, I sent them an email asking and have not gotten reply.

Steve

Boolit Buddy
    I have a book on iver johnson arms. Let me see if I haven't lent it out and see if it has anything in it.

Boolit Buddy
    That will be great, anything will help. Is that the book by the guy, Bill Goforth, who posted on the Firearms Forum, who died a few years ago?

Steve

IME, sometimes, when the remaining stock of whatever item runs low, the online parts folks no longer list the part.

A phone call to all the various customer service dept's may be the only way to locate one.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Buddy
    That sounds like what I will do. Thanks for the reminder.

Steve

Boolit Master
    I have a lever that came with some parts. I seem to remember iver johnson, but not sure. I will send it to you, see if it is what you need. pm me an address. Daryl

I’m sure I have one or three. I had mishap a few years back a 60 drawer parts bid got upset. There are a bunch of Top Levers for single and doubles. Draws were labeled but all mixed after spill. I will see if there is a champion to compare that I can get ahold of. These are used parts.

Boolit Buddy
    Drm50,
    I will send you a PM
    Steve

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks to all who replied, I finally got what I needed from an outfit called "Gun-Garage" in Arkansas who I found on eBay selling Iver Johnson parts.

Close the thread.

Steve