RotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: Zeroed a couple of .223's today.

Boolit Master

Zeroed a couple of .223's today.

I had a new Mini 14 stainless a buddy had brought down, sold him a scope and he left it for me to zero, since I have a 150 yd range right beside my shop. The little rifle behaved very well, and was zeroed in 6 shots. Then shot a 5 shot group with factory ammo that wen into a dead even inch at 100yds, Ruger got it right when they retooled the line about 10 years ago. This was the 6th one I have shot since then, and all of them have been 1 1/2" guns at 100 yds or better.

The other one was a AR15 I had put together, I had gotten a lightweight complete carbon/composite lower with a pretty good trigger in it, fr $125 at a LGS, about 3 months ago and put it back, till all the madness was over. Last week I noticed on Bear Creek Arsenal, one night, that they had a slew of .223 Wylde complete uppers, with full length floated guard, and heavy 18" barrel, parkerized, for a little over $300, so I bought one, came in 3 days later. I had a used Burris 3x9, 30mm tube with the etched reticle, E1 system I think it is called. Anyway I found rings and put it on, and about 10 shots later it was zeroed. I fired a 5 shot group with it, that went into 3/4", I am a happy camper. I have heard a lot of folks complain about Bear Creeks uppers, but everyone I have had, 5 currently owned, and bought 6 of them for my buddies, have all shot into a inch or less at 100yds, and that is 3 different calibers, .223, .300BO and 6.5 Grenedel.

Boolit Buddy
    Sounds like you have a couple of good rifles to take the needle off the record of a songdog or two.