Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for new leather wallet reccomendations.

Mine came from bullhidebelts.com.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DDriller View Post
    I have a Hank's wallet. It is extremely well made. Has only taken 6 months to break in the card and I.D. pocket.
    I never had to break in a wallet
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

I have had a Saddleback leather wallet for about 8 years now and its has held up extremely well. All of the card slots are still tight and none of the threads are fraying. Saddleback also has a 100 year warranty which is pretty cool.

Boolit Mold
    Sorry for necroing. Maybe someone will need this info.
    Bellroy and Saddleback Leather are tried and true. Classic, durable wallets. I have a Bellroy, 10 years and going.

A friend of mine was one of the chemists at Dupont who invented Tyvek. He carried a wallet he made from Tyvek. It was marked USPS Priority Mail. It lasted many years, and was still going strong when Norm passed.

Boolit Master

About 6 or 8 years ago, my wife gave me a leather belt for my birthday from The Yoder Leather.com. Wear it a lot and it still looks new. Give them a look.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master

For me wallet durability has never been an issue. My current one is 7 years old, RFI protected, and, while the dye around the edges is beginning to wear, it still does what I expect it to do. The card / ID pockets are (still) too tight IMO, which is irritating. Worst thing is it is a trifold. My rear end lacks padding and the thickness of a trifold w/RFI makes sitting on anything like a firm cushion gets old fast. Alas it, like the last trifold, was a gift from my wife.
    If I had my ‘rather’s’ a bifold would be preferable.

I've tried quite a few different wallets over the years. But my favorite so far is this leather wallet from Von Baer. It hits that sweet spot between quality, functionality, and style. It's made from high-quality, full-grain leather that not only looks and feels luxurious but also ages beautifully over time. It has enough card slots and a spacious bill compartment. It's resilient, holds up well to daily use, and seems like it'll last for years to come.
    Last edited by PuppetZ; 01-29-2024 at 06:05 AM.

My wife gave me this one a few months ago, I have to say that it is very well made, and I was surprised when I opened it for the first time, that it has a system so that your credit card data is not magnetically stolen.
    I didn't even know that this form of theft existed.
    It's not cheap, but I think it's worth every coin.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40441452800...Bk9SR47O_bCnYw

These are beautifully made, quality pieces but they usually sell quickly.

https://forums.accuratereloading.com...3/m/6751010772

Boolit Master

I don't know about makers or source, but I prefer a tri-fold configuration.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Buddy
    Had a Filson which lasted me a long time, its replacement is not nearly as well made.

Got a Vintage Bison wallet for my older Son, that is who I will likely go with when I can't stand the Filson one any longer.
    Made in the US and holding up well for my Son;
    https://lejonbelts.com/collections/accessories

Boolit Grand Master
    An old thread, but interesting. Need to replace my wallet soon. One of the best wallets I ever had cost $10 and lasted over five years. The current one was a gift from a girlfriend and has lasted about the same and cost a lot more.

I am too cheap to pay $100 for a wallet unless it is going to last 15 years. Might do a search on Amazon and see what comes up.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Hanks are very good. I have had mine for 5 years and it is still tight and holding up well. At 70 I doubt I will ever have to buy another one.
    https://www.hanksbelts.com/collections/wallets

Lee River Leather perhaps the best made leather on the planet, I’ve had my wallet for over 25 years and nothing coming loose, wore out. Made in Ireland I bought mine in CA in some little store in Jackson I haven’t seen another one any place but are available on line. I just bought a belt off their web site and it’s very nice.
    https://leeriverleather.com/shop/pro...gory/heritage/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12