Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxWidenersReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for new leather wallet reccomendations.

Boolit Bub

Looking for new leather wallet reccomendations.

I am in need of a new wallet. I was hoping to give my hard earned money to a craftsman and not Communist China. I thought I've seen a few leather makers here in the threads or s&s. Any reccomendations or insight is appreciated!
    -Cole

Boolit Grand Master

I can’t help but am posting in hopes that you can find someone. I would gladly pay to have the “smallet” that I carry copied. It’s foreign made but I’m more than happy to pay someone in the US a good bit to make one.

Boolit Master

My last wallet i bought at a leather shop. Had it over 10 years now. Bought it neer Williamsport PA. Not sure if they ship or not.
    http://www.willardssaddlery.com/
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

I have been using a front pocket wallet now for over 10 years and love it also helped with my lower back pain MADE IN THE U.S,A,
    https://www.rogue-industries.com/pro...-bison-leather
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master
    Filson packer wallet; bigger than standard size

Checkout Hank’s belts. They have some good looking wallets. I don’t have one, but I do have one of their belts, and it is nice.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Why a leather wallet? Better to have something which protects your credit cards from RFID eavesdropping. I carry an RFID shielded Traveler Wallet from CountyComm

https://countycomm.com/collections/w...nt=27639124486

Attachment 267055
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Buddy

I bought a wallet and a belt from these guys both appear to be very good quality and American made.

https://www.nstarleather.com/optimiz...nsWallets.html

Boolit Grand Master

Almost no credit cards are RFID capable, and the few that are require a person to be within a couple feet to read them. I'm not aware of a single case of theft of this method, and you are not likely to see one. Thieves are lazy, and having to get a couple feet away from a person to read their card is not efficient. The real danger are fake card readers like keep popping up on ATM's and gas pumps. Keep an eye out for those.

Leather is the best wallet material, and I also carry mine in the front pocket. I never thought to look for one made specifically for it before. I may try out that Rogue industries one when mine wears out.

Boolit Grand Master

Got my last two from Cabelas - bison hide almost never wears out - the stitches fail first. Latest one is RFID protected as well.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master

Looking for new leather wallet reccomendations.

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Almost no credit cards are RFID capable, and the few that are require a person to be within a couple feet to read them.
    There are multiple items in my wallet that are RFID. Most of them are given to me by the government and contain a lot of personal information. I prefer to err on the side of caution. Lots of people packed in tight when traveling. Especially in foreign countries where their culture has no respect for personal space.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelguns 1961 View Post
    Checkout Hank’s belts.

I don’t have one, but I do have one of their belts, and it is nice.
    I’m severely disappointed in the belt I bought. Bought it hoping to avoid the stretch that always happens w/ cheaper and thinner belts. The Hanks belt stretched more. I started w/ the middle hole and now I’m at the last hole, tighter. Anymore and I will have to punch out a new hole. I’ve lost a little weight but not that much. Pants fit the same and waist is the same so it’s the belt that stretched a lot. The belt is holding up great otherwise.

Boolit Buddy
    Cole,
    I have my mother's pattern for a wallet from one piece of leather. It originated from her grandfather. I've made a few from time to time for family.
    It's the billfold style, a little larger than a dollar, no stitching, has slots for a few cards or photos on both sides, & a flap in the bill section for a hideout.
    What would a piece of heritage be worth? Most are one of a kind, they gotta be fitted to interlock. I can make from upholstery leather left over from a couch or chairs.
    Carl

Boolit Buddy
    I have had one from Buffalo Jackson for seven or eight years. It's holding up quite well. My wife got it for me back when we were still dating so I'll never get rid of it as long as it still functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cole440 View Post
    I am in need of a new wallet. I was hoping to give my hard earned money to a craftsman and not Communist China. I thought I've seen a few leather makers here in the threads or s&s. Any reccomendations or insight is appreciated!
    -Cole
    Cole,

I commend you for looking for an American made product. I started my search for more Made In The U.S.A. products 6-7 years back. My job as a water department lineup sure tested the quality of leather boots. It wasn't all mud & water that wore the boots out as much as my size and an odd walk I developed years ago. It seems every 6 months, I was in need of yet another pair of new boots. Being from a smaller town, there wasn't a lot of places to look for new boots. So, back to the local shop and another $89.00 + tax, only to return in another 6 months. Fed up with this scenario, I started looking for some U.S.A. made boots. The first pair, I found while 125 miles from home. Good ole' Justin brand! Those lasted me slightly over a year. I paid $214.00 for them. I went back to the local store when I needed another pair and bought the only style of Justin's the store carried. They were less costly as well, which should have told me something immediately. I was taking them off the next day after work and sure enough, made in a 3rd world country. Oh well, 6 months passed and kaput they were shot. I saved the box label from my first pair of Justin's. I had the local store order me a pair (he didn't stock them, too expensive according to him). Now the really great part. He only charged me $164.00 total out the door for the pair of U.S.A. made Justin's. They lasted me a year, the same as the first U.S.A. made ones. In short, I could pay $164.00 once a year, or I could pay $89.00 + tax twice a year. I was actually saving buying made in the U.S.A. boots.

Happy hunting for your new wallet.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Buddy
    I have just purchased a new wallet not because of wear but because somebody stole my details by waving or some such thing, so I got a made in Australia wallet with one of those electronic blockers, that is the reason for my post if you are getting a new wallet get one with one of those blockers in built or buy one and fitted

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    I have been using a front pocket wallet now for over 10 years and love it also helped with my lower back pain MADE IN THE U.S,A,
    https://www.rogue-industries.com/pro...-bison-leather
    I second this company. Switched to front pocket carry using one of their "classic" models. Am on my second one in moose leather. The original one still looks good and is usable, just wanted a new one.

Boolit Master

I have a Hank's wallet. It is extremely well made. Has only taken 6 months to break in the card and I.D. pocket.

Banned
    I can't help you with a wallet but I can tell you that when I found one I liked, I went back and purchased two more for spares. I hate change and that way when the wallet wore out I didn't have to find a similar replacement, I already had one.
    Not exactly an item that wears out quickly so I'm only on the second one and still have a new one in the drawer. As a bonus, they are marked as having shielding for RFID, although that wasn't a huge concern for me.

Point of all of this, if you find one you like, particularly if it is custom made; get two.

Boolit Master
    I used to use trifold leather wallets and then I got my 3d printer. I print mine out and they work great for credit cars, licenses, etc...

I gave up on leather wallets. I sweat a lot in the summer (Illinois 90+ degrees and 90%+ humidity).
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast