Titan ReloadingWidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Pbtp Carolina blue

Boolit Bub

Pbtp Carolina blue

My brother picked up some of this. I tried it out and I think it covers good but can't due to it being a metallic when I hold it sideways in the light it looks like it has a nice blue metallic sheen but when I shine a light on it it looks splotchy. Anyone else experience this? Any in site?

Boolit Bub

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JALklxa.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	267054

That coverage looks like a couple of metallics I've tried. I looked for it on the pbtp site to see how their color swatch looked and did not find it.
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Bub

I guess the best way to try it out is just give it a shot. I really hate to give up on it there is 5lbs of it. I take my knife and take some off the pc the lead is a little different color than the metallic pc.

Shoot em.

Boolit Master

That is NOT Smokes Carolina Blue.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Banned
    Get a little of another powder to add to it, you'll be surprised the difference that can make

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    That is NOT Smokes Carolina Blue.
    No kidding? Nobody said it was...OP plainly stated it was PBTP (Powder By The Pound company)
    An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "Inside me two wolves fight," he told the boy.
    "One is evil - he is anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, and ego. The other is good - he is joy, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, generosity, truth and faith. The same fight is inside you - and every other person, too."
    The grandson thought for a minute and asked,"Which wolf will win?"
    The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

Boolit Bub

Nope never said it was Smokes. I do have some of his powder but not this. My brother brought it to me said it was powder by the pound and was Carolina blue. I didnt buy it I dont know.

Banned
    I think Walks was just implying that Smokes Carolina blue doesn't look or coat like that.

that looks like a translucent color to be used over a base color.

like I mentioned earlier IF you mix it with a little of another PC it might coat a lot better. (I've never played with that color so can't be definitive)

Boolit Master

I have some myself. Same results. I dont use. I tried a few colors with it. Didnt work for me.

Not all powder are appropriate for S&B. Remember they where designed to be sprayed.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    And there is the problem the PC crowd must deal with: Overcolorness. Kullas appears to have a subgroup of the disease called Metalicitus. You can spot it by a desire to "try it and see how it goes" which leads to "I'll mix this in with it and see how it goes". Unfortunately, when it's terminal you'll look around your PC space and you'll notice many bags of colors that you don't like and won't use for whatever reason. The final stage (and this is bad guys) is when you have a color that has been custom mixed and you named it.

The will reads "and to my son Spudlicker, I bequeath my 10 pound bag of PC labeled Blood Stool" ....

Just for what it's worth, Bloody Stool is real but it's mine.

I freely admit to my propensity to overcolorness and a fleeting fancy with Metalicitus. Now that I've found the ability to PC coat bullets I can identify a bit more with my Ex's love of owning myriad colored shoes

On the mixit side I hope others can be as fortunate as me, the colors / formulations I found unsatisfactory were easily and with satisfaction used with colors I liked. So while the few "misteaks" happened, the paints have been usable, though at the rate I'm using them they will not be depleted any time soon :-0

Luckily I found a vendor that sold paint in a two pound lot of 8 colors (4 ounces each) sampler pack that gave me a lot to work with, and two to deplete by mixing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pc_test1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	267296
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Man
    Ral 5015 from powder by the pound is what your looking for.
    sky blue-aka carolina blue