RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Back to visit after many years, looking for a contact for info.

Boolit Buddy

Back to visit after many years, looking for a contact for info.

My lead pot is dusty and I have not shot much. I came back to find the person who was a source for Antimony or some other member who is knowledgeable of alloy metal. I recently was given some ingots which were represented as lead. They are not. they are embossed with the name of a company that deals mainly in zinc but they also deal in other metals. I want to know how to test a bar to know if it is in fact zinc. I think I will look around for a while, spent a lot of time on this board and learned a lot. Glad to see it is still here. Found Cast pics as well. Great to see it memorialized. Great job guys.
    member cast boolits since 2/01/04 former shooters member

Boolit Master
    Do the ingots have a Short section Of hard wire sticking out of them ? I see your in Virginia could be zink for crab �� pots .
    A acid test will show the zinc

Some scrap metal dealers will test metals with an XRF machine and it will tell you exactly what it is.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Put a few drops of muriatic acid on the ingots. If they foam up, they have zinc in them.

Boolit Grand Master

He's over in the Shenandoah valley - not likely to find crab pots there! Here, yes, but that far over the mountains I doubt it.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JBMauser View Post
    My lead pot is dusty and I have not shot much. I came back to find the person who was a source for Antimony or some other member who is knowledgeable of alloy metal. I recently was given some ingots which were represented as lead. They are not. they are embossed with the name of a company that deals mainly in zinc but they also deal in other metals. I want to know how to test a bar to know if it is in fact zinc. I think I will look around for a while, spent a lot of time on this board and learned a lot. Glad to see it is still here. Found Cast pics as well. Great to see it memorialized. Great job guys.
    You may be looking for "The Antimony Man". I believe he has passed away and the business is closed.

You can test your ingots with a few drops of acid. If they contain Zinc they will bubble and fix. You can use the stuff used in swimming pools, the stuff used to wash freshly laid brick or the stuff that dissolves roots.

Try taking it to Your local Jeweler that buys gold. They can X ray it and make a print out of what metals it is composed of.
    probably wont even charge You for doing it.

Good Shooting

Lindy