Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lee processing press questions

Banned

You can get the knock off for 200$ on facebook. Look up Karl Bibbs reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    "why are you concerned which way the bullet nose feeds? back in the lyman days before i had a star you sized them all base first. Personaly i never saw any advantage to either way other then nose first is faster to stuff in my die the way i do it now."

I'm not, that's my point! If your sizing a SWC, Keith or wadcutter design, it really matters not. The only problem you would have is with tiny or pointy bullets...well, and gaschecks.

Chris
    You answered your own question. With RN or pointed or gc, you are better off nose first IMO.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger1911 View Post
    Lloyd, I have had mine for going on 6 months, bought it for sizing PC.
    WORKS GREAT !
    9mm, 45, ect; run as fast as you can work the handle.
    Tried the 4 tube feeder, takes a while to load it - arm gets tired by 4th tube - but I'm sizing 2-3 a second.
    I came up with cutting a tube off so it holds maybe 10-12 cast, Midway powder funnel fits on tube, add cast as you size ( I find I don't tend to work the handle at breakneck speed this way)
    Maybe 10 thousand + so far, no issues - well, I tend to run out of cast to size pretty fast !
    Lee 405g 45/70 boolet is a bit over size, so sizing down to 458 is right at the Lee limit - lots stress, I switch to a single stage for the monster boolets.
    The Lee APP is one of my better recent buys !
    Cool but you are NOT sizing 2-3 per second. It takes longer than that to cycle the handle once.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.

lee processing press questions

Quote Originally Posted by 10sandxs View Post
    Think this may be something of interest for speed sizing...

https://youtu.be/ZeNVsa9VmRk

This is still in prototype stage, but the addition of a small handle and tightening up tolerances is all that would be really needed. The "magizine" might need some tweaking as well, but i can size as fast as I can drop bullets into it...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Sweeet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Not bad add a 10 speed bike chain gears and petals you can power it with you feet and use both hands to feed. Oh since the gyms are closed in most places you may even find someone to pay you to petal. Nice work looks like it going to work fine and it is fast keep those fingers clear.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
    Cool but you are NOT sizing 2-3 per second. It takes longer than that to cycle the handle once.
    Fred - ya got me, I over estimated myself !
    Pulled out the stopwatch, I run 1- 1.5 a sec. I can "burst" to 2 a sec - but not sustainable. Even one a sec is putting out some boolets !
    Another thing I do is attach a piece of tubing, flexible, to the bottom of the die and route it to a coffee can off to the side. No matter how careful I am, once in a while I shoot an unsized boolet somewhere and it sucks if it goes in your can of sized !
    I'm guessing that's the purpose of the bottle - but it fills up too fast for me.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Master
    I use mine for sizing and depriming, case mouth expanding and boolit sizing. I do not bother loading the tubes up for bullet sizing, just drop them in by hand. Once you get the knack of adjusting it for case feeding it goes along nicely. I run 9mm, 38 spl, 357 mag, 44 spl and 44 mag through mine.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12